Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clay Bar'd My Ls

steve2006

I've never used a clay bar before but have always washed,polished and waxed so I decided to have a go.

I purchased a Mequires "Quik Clay" kit and following the instructions did it this afternoon.

I cannot believe the difference, the car looks so much " brighter" the finish has a glass like sheen and the "crap" that came off the paint onto the clay even though I had just washed the car was amazing.

Well pleased with the results and a converted detailer!

Will post some piccys up tomorrow.

Interesting,,, ive only just started looking in this forum and like many just wash ,hose, and chamois with an occasional wax if im in the mood.

It does appear there a lot more to it lol.

clay bar is to be my first job to clean the paint , will be looking forward to seeing the piccys !!

steve

Wozza I didn't know our cars looked so similar! Mine is the same colour, same wheels and has the sports grill. Mine still has the standard rear fogs though.

I've used a clay bar a few times and the results have been good. Think my IS would benefit from it actually, it spent last week sitting in a body repair shop :(

• 3 weeks later...

i gotta get round to claying my GS..

Bought the megs fine clay and also a large bar of the Autosmart Purple clay.. a heavy grit one.. for an initial de-griming and then onto the megs finer clay for a full polish..

I have a 800w car polishing mop... should i use this first or last after a clay? i think i may just leave that till the spring as there is too much **** on the road to see the full benifit of a mop detail

a wash then clay is the first step, then use multi stage cleaner then polish then sealant,

then top off with 2 coats of wax.

I'm sure you could use the polishing mop on the cleaner/polish/seal stages if you changed the head,

but I would personally put the wax on my hand, then maybe the mop again to finish ?

was more thinking of using the mop with an abrasive polish... something like doing a G6 head and G6 compund to cut back and fine finsih with the clay..

But for now i definately think i will just clay then polish and seal..

Moving stuff into my workshop made me realise how much detailing stuff i actualy have!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links