Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

56 Plate 220d Whats It Worth

got a 220d 56 plate 220d on a 3 year pcp, i am going to terminate early as i have reached the 50% mark, after speaking to lexus financial they suggested trying to sell the car rather than handing it back as i may make a bit of cash that way,i needed to raise 12k as this is the balance owing anything over that amount i could keep.

so i went into my local lexus centre and got offered 9.5K for a two year old 220d 28,000 miles and fsh.

this is my last lexus

got a 220d 56 plate 220d on a 3 year pcp, i am going to terminate early as i have reached the 50% mark, after speaking to lexus financial they suggested trying to sell the car rather than handing it back as i may make a bit of cash that way,i needed to raise 12k as this is the balance owing anything over that amount i could keep.

so i went into my local lexus centre and got offered 9.5K for a two year old 220d 28,000 miles and fsh.

this is my last lexus

There is a 56 plate IS for sale near me at a local garage, tad under £16995...........not sure if 220d or 250, SE spec as looks exactly like mine (same colour, wheels etc), so on that basis, they are looking for a very high profit return.......

this is my last lexus

if it's any consolation the dealer offer would have been as insulting if you were selling any marque under current conditions.

this is my last lexus

What they are basically saying to you is that in the current climate they don't want your car - unless you are prepared to give it away.

What they are basically saying to you is that in the current climate they don't want your car - unless you are prepared to give it away.

I don't think dealers want any cars at the moment. I've been thinking of returning to the Lexus brand and I've getting p/x prices for my Prius. One Lexus/Toyota dealer which had my exact car on the forecourt for £16,250 with with 20k on the clock instead of my 12k only offered me £12,000p/x and wouldn't go any higher. They then told me that the May 2006 IS250 SE-L that I was interested in at £16,500 couldn't be reduced any further as they were only making a couple of hundred pounds profit on the car at that price anyway. I doubt the previous owner of the car got such a great p/x deal to make that statement true.

Car prices also vary so much between dealers. There is a car at another dealer at the moment that I like the look of, but it is about £3000 more expensive that nearly identical cars at other places. When you query the price, they say they can move the price, but not by much as "there is no profit left in the car". If you believe everything the salesman says, some people out there must get fantastic trade in prices!

If it's any consolation, my September 07 IS 250 SE-L with acc/pcs which cost 32k new was valued at 14k last September and 12k last week. That means it has lost 20k in 17 months. When I bought it the salesman told me that they hold their value very well as they are always in demand. Last week the same salesman told me there is no demand for these cars which is why the value has droped. I will be running this car till it drops and will take out the extended Lexus warranty.

this is my last lexus

So what magical car are you replacing it with that doesn't lose the majority of it's value in the first 2 years, especially in a financial crisis like we're in at the moment? :whistling:

If it's any consolation, my September 07 IS 250 SE-L with acc/pcs which cost 32k new was valued at 14k last September and 12k last week. That means it has lost 20k in 17 months. When I bought it the salesman told me that they hold their value very well as they are always in demand. Last week the same salesman told me there is no demand for these cars which is why the value has droped. I will be running this car till it drops and will take out the extended Lexus warranty.

£12k for an 07 plate! Wow, that's low. Interesting that my local dealer has an SE-L with acc/pcs but a Nov 2005 car for sale at £17,800 (over 30k miles).

this is my last lexus

So what magical car are you replacing it with that doesn't lose the majority of it's value in the first 2 years, especially in a financial crisis like we're in at the moment? :whistling:

not all cars loose there value as much as a prestige vehicle, i bought a 57 plate fiesta in august 08 the same dealer is now selling the identical car for £500 more than i paid.

and who said i was going to replace it with any magical new car,

i have been a lexus owner for 8 years and after my deisel experience need i say more?

quick look on the internet and i found a 56 plate at £9300 from a dealer so looks like the bottom has fallen out of the lexus values, im so glad i bought it on a pcp.

im going to hang on for a while before replacing as i have 2 other cars a fiesta which has risen in value, and a subaru impretza which was one of our old company cars,

im looking at getting a porsche or similar 2 seater but will see how things go,

i cant believe just how much the prices of lexus have dropped, the sales guy at lexus said there is a used car supermarket selling 08 plates around 12k

not all cars loose there value as much as a prestige vehicle, i bought a 57 plate fiesta in august 08 the same dealer is now selling the identical car for £500 more than i paid.

Not a completely fair comparison to your situation - 5 months vs 24 months (and a lot has changed since 2 years ago) plus dealer selling price vs trade in price.

Also....Its the cost to change thats important - not the value they put on your car.....taking a car to a dealer to take off your hands is never going to get you the best price for your car.

I feel for you, but no dealer wants extra cars on their forecourt at the moment - which is why they offered you an insulting figure - They just dont want it unless they know they can shift very quickly and make a few quid.

its a 57 plate fiesta so 18 months old has lost less than 30% of its value compared to the lexus which is 24 months old which has lost over 50%

i feel it was the best decision i made with the pcp i would hate to think if i was buying it that i would be in massive negative equity.

i also got the impression as also stated that lexus financial didnt want to to hand it back as they didnt want it, they even asked if it was for financial reasons and i got the impression that i could have got my payments lower if i decided to keep it.

I seriously doubt your Fiesta has risen in value. Identical cars may be up for sale for more than you paid but that is before haggling and I bet if you took it into the dealer you bought it from and asked them to buy it from you they'd offer you a very low price. It's just the way the market is now.

In this recession I think some people are "running for cover". That is they go for cheap to run and steer clear of "exotics" like Lexus. If dealers are going out of business people don't want to be landed with a car and find the nearest dealer is 50 miles away. There are plenty of Ford, Vauxhall, Citreon etc.

"there is no profit left in the car

When a dealer buys in a car they give it a value to them, this has little to do with what they paid for it, more to do with what they think it is worth at the time. The car will sit for a few months losing value until a manager decides to revalue the car, then the price is lowered.

If you want to buy one, be firm, offer a price and stick to it, give them your number and ask them to speak to the dealer principle about it.... you will get a good deal.

Mind you if you want a late model Lexus at the moment go to the auctions, the prices are just silly, the dealers don't want them and nor do the independents, we are talking £5000 cheaper on a £20000 car than they were 6 months ago, still with manufacturers warranty so you only have to check for cosmetics...

Great time to buy... mind you leave it a few months and they will probably get even cheaper....

Pete

£12k for an 07 plate! Wow, that's low. Interesting that my local dealer has an SE-L with acc/pcs but a Nov 2005 car for sale at £17,800 (over 30k miles).

The car industry is shaged. It's devastating thinking of what we all paid for these motors. Only 18 months ago i also shed £27k for my 220 sport its probably worth about £12-£13k now 12,000m FSH. When the econamy was going strong back then What Car were quoting 3yr old Lexus sitting at about 60% of their purchase price along with BMW 3series. NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!! HOW WRONG COULD THEY BE.....

My first one was an SE in Codoxton 56 plate. It was about £25K. I took an internet price in to Lexus of £22,664, (uknewcars.com) and they matched it after a bit of haggling. I run it for 10 month, then they offered me £21,500 against the 07 brand new Sport £27kish. Happy times. Not bad i thought. Look at the figures now and it's a nightmare.

However, i plan to run my beloved LEXUS for a long long time now so it's worth far more to me now, its the car I wanted at the time and I still think alot of others in its class are still not up to scratch. Last payment in August. cant wait. The missus bought a Punto brand new Sept 2000 X plate 82000m £7k new prob still get £800-£1k for it. She makes a point of reminding me!!!!!! I reply with stick your Italian ******* up your bottom.

Good luck with the sale, i hope you get yor 12k mate.

I seriously doubt your Fiesta has risen in value. Identical cars may be up for sale for more than you paid but that is before haggling and I bet if you took it into the dealer you bought it from and asked them to buy it from you they'd offer you a very low price. It's just the way the market is now.

i bought the fiesta from the car people for £5800 i couldnt budge them on price i even left my number and left it for a week before going back all i got was 6 months tax, they price them low to attract the buyers,

they are selling 07 plates for the same price i paid for my 57 plate 6 months ago

www.thecarpeople.co.uk

this is my last lexus

I'm in the process of buying a second hand IS220d 56 plate with 20K on the clock for £10500. Seems like a good deal to me. Had a test drive the other day, noted the plate number and phoned Lexus to find out what history it has with them - almost none at all (apart from 2 recalls and 2 services) 2 more recalls required (steering rack and brake callipers) so i asked the garage to sort those and I'll have another test drive! Does this seem like a good deal to others?

Is this from a dealer?

If the car doesn't have history with a dealer or a stamped service book you don't have warranty!

If Lexus said it had two services and two recalls, then surely it does have a FLSH?

Is this from a dealer?

If the car doesn't have history with a dealer or a stamped service book you don't have warranty!

The book is stamped. Has FSH. Just hasn't been into the dealership for any work other than that previously stated. It's not from a Lexus dealership though. Still has a warranty until september I think.

Going to give it a second test drive tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully it'll go OK.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links