Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Unknown Exhaust

There's a video with one on here:

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

That's an IS300 though - with it being US spec it will stick out an extra inch or two but should fit ok apart from that?

how far out are we talking? enough to look unsightly?

would it fit in the oem non sport bumper cut out (if that makes any sense)

i know the video has sound but what does it sound like outside the car, i usually leave 4 work quite early in the morning and come from from mates houses quite late, dont wanna disturb the neighbours too much cos they moaners.

need something almost silent at low revs and as loud as can go at high revs

thanks 4 the help so far guys

also... why does it even stick out further cos its US spec

The tip of the exhaust will just be sticking further out of the back of the car as the US spec cars have longer bumpers due to their regulations over there :)

It should sit in the same gap, you'll just have more exhaust sticking out the back of the car - it's much less noticable with something like the TRD skirt fitted.

Problem is I don't know if anyone over here has tried this exhaust yet so if you do you'd be the first!

is there a reason for straight cut being better or is that just personal choice?

now that youve said its a bargain i wouldnt mind going for it, its just that it has to be quiet at idle/low revs or i WILL get my windows smashed by my neighbours, its happened to a boy racer.

i dont wanna get it here and find out its doin 100dB ALL the time!

is there a reason for straight cut being better or is that just personal choice?

now that youve said its a bargain i wouldnt mind going for it, its just that it has to be quiet at idle/low revs or i WILL get my windows smashed by my neighbours, its happened to a boy racer.

i dont wanna get it here and find out its doin 100dB ALL the time!

Straight i think just looks a bit nicer but yes personal choice :D

Looking at the picture, it has the removable silencer baffle fitted, so you can leave it in for everyday driving then take it out if you want a bit more sound :D

i will probably sound very silly now but.....

silencer baffle?

and where abouts is it located, just for future reference.

sorry for the questions!

:lol: no worries matey, the baffle is a peice that fits into the end of the tailpipe to make it quieter, you can take it out to make it louder or leave it in if your doing long trips or late night/early morning runs to keep the noise down? Giving you a choice of sound, :D

exhaustpic.jpg

ah right!

this exhaust is getting more and more appealing!

cheap, can be made quieter or louder, did i mention cheap? do you reckon there will be a power gain at all, or a loss even, like on the powerflow?

im really sorry about the amount of questions, i just wanna get a really nice exhaust, it the first car ive had that deserves to be pampered! and ive just caught the modding bug, well i always had it, never had the capital!

i have a bad feeling (well good feeling really) that i am going to end up buying this exhaust, parthiban you said youve heard of HP Racing, have you heard good things or bad.

When i went to the site they only had alloys on there which made me think something fishy is going on...

No it wasn't anything bad, I'm thinking it must have been some TV show that used their parts but can't remember which. I think they're quite big in the states, with stuff like dodges and chryslers I think...........

Lol, let us know how you get on with it :winky:

I'm pretty sure it's chrysler, try googling the chrysler forums or something, may be able to find out more info (if you need it) on there :)

look s lke a good buy to me....

not heard of HP Racing before though. heard of EP Racing, they are UK based (just near me as it happens), but not HP.

worth a go though for that money mate. works out about 130 GBP delivered. not bad that.

rob

thanks for all your help aswell parthiban! as well as asi and aido.

hope i have this and my spoiler put on by the next london or SE meet, i hated being the only almost fully stock IS at the first Ace meet.

sorry gotta add rob to the thank you's, didnt see that last comment

I don't know if that would fit as it's in separate sections so may not mate up exactly with the IS200 - the catback on it's own in theory should be ok actually but not sure of the differences after the silencer, or actually if there are any differences at all?

It does look like it may fit with or without the silencer section - someone like Mat Clawley may know more in depth on that particular sort?

I was looking at the American Ebay site and found this exhaust -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Acces...%3A1|240%3A1318

Item no 300271421159

What about this exhaust? Has anyone got experience with this exhaust?

Is that a decat as well? There are 3 pipes???

Shipping costs might be pretty hefty. And you have to pay import VAT as well. Could be costly.

is that for the one i posted or the second one that Hitnrun posted?

also if it is for mine wht would that push the total price up to? Might not be worth it in the end...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links