Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Has Anyone Tried

TURNER

Hi all

just a little note to see if anyone of you have tried or own a nokia 3650

i've been offered a good deal on the phone and i want to know if all that its cracked up to be

is there anybody out there to give me more info

cheers

Andy :yahoo:

hello...

yup. I tried one. sent it back after a week. swopped it for a 6100.

I am really into my phones, love technology, and really use all phones I own to their extent (none of this only txting and calling malarky!!)......i use Bluetooth,infrared,outlook,e-mail...etc....etc.....

so thought i'd give the 3650 a go. Firstly, it is fairly big compared to other modern phones. For many not a problem, but worth noting. Secondly - the circular buttons will take some getting used to. I was getting there, but wasn't really too fond of them. Thirdly....and this is the big one.....it is just not useable as a phone. It's a camera with a phone, rather than a phone with a camera. Though I use all the many features with my phones, I want it to be easy to send a txt and to make a phone call. with the 3650 it's not.

PM me or MSN me (tony_hetherington@hotmail.com) if you would like anymore info - but my personal opinion is go for something else. I think you'll regret it - I did !!!

Cheers Tony

Finally worked out what the pm was for

so i take it you didn't like the phone i'm still in two mind of going for the 3650 or even the nokia 7250 with the camera

Have you had dealing with this phone or has anyone else read this thread

many thanks

ANDY

To be honest I was in EXACTLY the same situation as you. I wanted a phone with a camera built in. And I wanted a Nokia (I've had Nokia's for 5yrs and love them, dont really get on with other phones too well). Unforunately, the only built in camera phones nokia do (on general release at the moment) are the 3650 and the 7250.

As you say, the 3650 I didn't really like too much (see above for reasons). A top phone - but too "unuseable" as an everyday phone. The 7250 I didn't like the look of, especially the buttons at the top (they dont "feel" right).

It's specs etc are good (except if you use bluetooth). The only suggestion I can make is go to a carphonewarehouse / link etc. and just ask to look at both phones. Have a play - they let you no problems at all (regardless of whether you buy or not).

Oh.....FYI, my final decision? I bought a Nokia 6100. Top phone (no Bluetooth though, which is why I still keep my 6310i).....but it has an attachable camera. I keep it in the car and for when I want it, it's there. To be honest, the only time a phone with a built in camera is useful is when you're in the pub showing off. Sounds odd to say - but have a think when you'll use it, versus when you'd use a phone with an attachable camera.

Quick tip: the software that comes with 6100 is rubbish. You can't take pics of the phone that you've taken with the camera and put them on your computer. Use the software for the 7250 (downloadable from nokia.com) and it's alot better.

Any other questions, just shout up !

Tony

I dont think they can be (easily I mean). There will always be a way though - but it might involve e-mailing the pics to yourself (costly, even if you use GPRS)

Have a flick through this - it's taken from Sharp Mobile's website. There might be some info there.

Dont get your hopes up though - I'm unsure.

Good luck though

(PS: watch out, that file link is a 141page pdf file !)

Tony out of curiosity why did you go for the 6100 over the 6610?

I can see the 6610 is a tad heavier and has a radio but that's about it.

I presume the 6100is the later model?

Thanks, Rick.

Tony out of curiosity why did you go for the 6100 over the 6610?

Well, to be honest, I looked at them both and I could see NO useable advantage in the 6610. I liked (ever-so-slightly) more the 6100's look. The phones are VERY similar, but liked the buttons on the 6100 more.

As far as features go, you're right. 6610 is slightly heavier. Has a radio. Also has an in-built thermometer (why!?!?). And that's about it as far as I can see or make out. I THINK that the 6100 is the newer of the phones - but it's certainly not by much, as I know Nokia are bringing out left right and center phones along these lines all the time.

Also, a point to note, my service provider (O2) was only offering the 6100 not the 6610. Although through a venture with them and carphonewarehouse I was able to get any phone on the market, it made it easier to just go straight through O2.

To be honest - all that added together meant it was an easy choice to make after a while!

I also looked at a Sony Ericsson P800. Absolutely amazing phone.......BUT, very similar to the 3650, it's just not useable as an everyday phone - and it didn't even have a t9 dictionary !!! Though we all try to deny it, we txt an awful lot and no dictionary would drive you crazy !!!

Hope that all helps,

Tony

No probs :)

I did mention it above, but thought I'd point it out again - if you do get yourself one, use the software for the 7250 (downloadable from nokia.com). It's far more useable - and I even had problems with the 6100 software corrupting all my contact databases ..... so just go straight for the 7250 software!!!

Hi Tony

i also looked at the P800 and it looked a great phone a bit bulky and i didnt like the jog wheel at side

i've got the sony t68i with camera and find very good but i don't like how the camera attaches so thats why i'm looking for an up to date phone with a fixed camera

Andy

Hi Tony

i also looked at the P800 and it looked a great phone a bit bulky and i didnt like the jog wheel at side

i've got the sony t68i with camera and find very good but i don't like how the camera attaches so thats why i'm looking for an up to date phone with a fixed camera

Andy

Are you planning on selling your T68i???

I was just looking for one on e-bay. :D

Hi Tony

Andy

Yup - it's a top phone, but I had to question to myself is it REALLY that useable as an everyday phone, compared with (eg my 6100 or 6310i) and my pda.

If you like Nokia's, the best fixed camera phone they do is the 7250 - however - I personally didn't like it. Give it a try though in a shop - they'll let you play around with it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links