Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cleaning Exhaust

Baller

I want to clean up the sorry state of my exhaust - i vaguely remember someone posting on here about it, but when I use the Assitant -> search thing, I always seem to bring up 1000 results, and none are anywhere near what im looking for (is this not the best way to search?)

If anyone can recommend a good product I would be ery grateful, and will I need to wire brush the rust off first, or can i just clean it?

thanks

Here we go:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...3&hl=brillo

I'm going to give that Brillo option a go when I get my car back :)

Do NOT use a brillo pad!!!!!! All you will do is scratch the tailpipe.

Get hold of some Duraglit it is like cotton wool soaked in an oil. Use marigolds when putting it on otherwise you get your fingernails black. Just take a small peice out of the tin and rub it vigorously on the tailpipe or any other S/Steel or chrome thing you need to clean.Then just polish with a clean dry cloth for top results. You will be amazed at the outcome. The other product from any Halfrauds is Autosol it comes in a cream in a tube like toothpaste that is good to but duraglit is the best in my opinion most supermarkets should stock it.

LOL Duraglit it is then - I've not been to the shop yet, is that Duraglit any good for really nasty ones?

Tempted to try some Mr Muscle or Cillit Bang oven cleaner to start them off as mine are filthy!

Wow thanks for the advice guys - I'll go and grab some Aido first as its cheap, if it don't cut it then Duraglit sounds good too!

Thanks for advice, can't wait for this snow to go away so I can paint my calipers either! I have a week off work and can't do anything because of the snow!

Nice one cheers dude - didn't realise it was that stuff as the Duraclit logo is so small - have seen it next to the Brasso in Tesco and Sainsburys before :D

I'm going to be a busy lad getting this thing cleaned up :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links