Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Probably a stupid question, and yes, I'm extremely lazy in not going out in the cold to get the manual to investigate.....

What is the high pitched beeping I have noticed of late in the icy conditions all about?

The TC light is flashing and sometimes this beeping starts as well - not all the time I hasten to add

As above, probably a stupid question but just interested to know

Thanks

ps. new IS still a nightmare to drive in the snow! Good fun though but plenty of spare kecks recommended.......

It could be the stability control as well - I get a beeping on mine when VSC kicks in so may be that you're hearing on the IS?

Mine doesn't beep when just traction is lost, VSC is when you're about to get a whole lot of pain :lol:

It could be the stability control as well - I get a beeping on mine when VSC kicks in so may be that you're hearing on the IS?

Mine doesn't beep when just traction is lost, VSC is when you're about to get a whole lot of pain :lol:

yeah this happens on mine but it only happens when im sideways, tbh i think the beep is a bit distracting as it distracts me when im trying to concentrate on where the car is going.

Probably a stupid question, and yes, I'm extremely lazy in not going out in the cold to get the manual to investigate.....

What is the high pitched beeping I have noticed of late in the icy conditions all about?

The TC light is flashing and sometimes this beeping starts as well - not all the time I hasten to add

As above, probably a stupid question but just interested to know

Thanks

ps. new IS still a nightmare to drive in the snow! Good fun though but plenty of spare kecks recommended.......

best way i find driving in the snow is to avoid the accelerator and let the clutch out in 2nd gear and the over run will pull you along with little slip.

thanks for the tips / advice, appreciated

must admit, when the beeper does go off I have tended to be going sideways amongst other things

Will try the 2nd gear trick tomorrow as by the looks, there's going to be plenty more of that white stuff in the morning....

cheers

Had some great fun around Epsom Downs last night - never heard so much beeping during power slides.

Bring on more snow !

HAVING SAID THAT

Traction on snow is really bad - Keep a shovel in the boot to dig yourself out - (he he)

Had some great fun around Epsom Downs last night - never heard so much beeping during power slides.

Bring on more snow !

HAVING SAID THAT

Traction on snow is really bad - Keep a shovel in the boot to dig yourself out - (he he)

Bring on more snow, are you mad!! I've had two days when I couldn't use the car and had to get on those horrible things called "buses". You're based in Blackpool (went there once - fantastic beach shame about the rest of it) what are you doing in Epsom??

There was lots of beeping on my way to the station at 5.30am this morning. To coin a phrase, the snow was “deep and crisp and even”, but at that hour in a snowstorm, there was even less traffic than usual, so it was really quiet entertaining.

I do agree the beep is a bloody nuisance, though.

Is the IS really that bad in the snow?

Yes but no where near as bad as the Audi A4 B8 i had a few months ago (was a new company car and was back with audi more than i had it!) but in the snow they were REALLY bad. Most of my IS's problems are due to it being RWD.

Yes but no where near as bad as the Audi A4 B8 i had a few months ago (was a new company car and was back with audi more than i had it!) but in the snow they were REALLY bad. Most of my IS's problems are due to it being RWD.

what where your problems with the audi.

Oh god where do i start.... took delivery 4th September so it was a 58 reg. 1.8TFSI SE spec.

1st Problem, Entire airbag system failed...... twice, needed steering and passenger airbag systems replacing. Needed ignitor computer replacing and the seatbelt tensioning system replacing.

2nd Problem, Gearbox went, waiting at lights, put into 1st and set off, put into 2nd-3rd-4th-5th-6th (the stick) but the car stuck in 1st!!! nice smell ;) Needed a new gearbox.

3rd Problem, Quality: Trim falling off the boot, rubber seals coming off around the rear doors, armrest fell off

4th Problem, Turbo broke: Needed replacing under warranty.

Edit: and the staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am 26 years old i went into the dealer and they treated me like DIRT!!!! seriously, 1st time i was in shirt and tie 2nd time i was in a grey hoody and jeans and both times they looked at me like a piece of dirt, very very poor customer service.

Because of the Tax etc, i bought my own Lexus 2nd hand, had some work done under warranty and i can't praise Lexus Stockport MORE they are absolutely fantastic!

Oh god where do i start.... took delivery 4th September so it was a 58 reg. 1.8TFSI SE spec.

1st Problem, Entire airbag system failed...... twice, needed steering and passenger airbag systems replacing. Needed ignitor computer replacing and the seatbelt tensioning system replacing.

2nd Problem, Gearbox went, waiting at lights, put into 1st and set off, put into 2nd-3rd-4th-5th-6th (the stick) but the car stuck in 1st!!! nice smell ;) Needed a new gearbox.

3rd Problem, Quality: Trim falling off the boot, rubber seals coming off around the rear doors, armrest fell off

4th Problem, Turbo broke: Needed replacing under warranty.

Edit: and the staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am 26 years old i went into the dealer and they treated me like DIRT!!!! seriously, 1st time i was in shirt and tie 2nd time i was in a grey hoody and jeans and both times they looked at me like a piece of dirt, very very poor customer service.

Because of the Tax etc, i bought my own Lexus 2nd hand, had some work done under warranty and i can't praise Lexus Stockport MORE they are absolutely fantastic!

wow,you must have done some miles to have all of those problems,i trust that you won't be having a bag of ******* audi again?

wow,you must have done some miles to have all of those problems,i trust that you won't be having a bag of ******* audi again?

It had 3000 miles on the clock when i gave it them back, the leasing company took it off me as it wasn't fit for use due to all the problems. That's when i gave up and got my own car.

Well when i was buying my own i said i wouldn't have a audi.

I had all sorts of fun this morning sliding about,other vehicles (not 4x4's) didn't seem as badly affected

I made the mistake of getting into work today then it starting snowing very heavily so i decided to go home in the worst of it and got stuck several times on several inclines where other cars were managing to get up.I was trying not to stop at all but even then I was still getting stuck

Needs more weight in the back to help traction in these conditions

I had all sorts of fun this morning sliding about,other vehicles (not 4x4's) didn't seem as badly affected

I made the mistake of getting into work today then it starting snowing very heavily so i decided to go home in the worst of it and got stuck several times on several inclines where other cars were managing to get up.I was trying not to stop at all but even then I was still getting stuck

Needs more weight in the back to help traction in these conditions

Reduce the rear PSI to 30 - makes a huge difference in the Lex (just remember that on thawed surfaces) - but you are right - my IS did 180's on my estate 2 years ago...once I reduced the pressure it was much much better.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links