Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Im Excited

abbott

this evening im going to look at an IS200 only about a 300 mile round trip aswell (thats good for up here in the north of scotland) i am so excited may have my car a lot sooner than i expected , advert says its mint aswell just dont know the milage yet , but i have the spondoolicks in my pocket for it and i can hardly compose myself !

fingers crossed i shall be back on here taking some daylight pictures wooohoooo ! :shifty:

last night i went to check out the said Lexus and unfortunately it did not come up to standard , i maybe should have asked a few more questions before travelling the distance for it , My father is an RAF mechanic and he has never let me down whilst i have been buying a car yet so when he said leave it thats exactly what we did , there was a knocking noise coming from the front wich sounded to us like engine mounts as it was only when you accelerated hard it occured , and there was a definite wine off the gearbox so unfortunately im not "officialy" part of the club yet unfortunately ! :whistling:

On the other hand on the way home after a good conversation with himself , he has decided to lend me the money i need for what im looking for at the end of the month , so i have just over 3k to play with in the first week of March and im willing to travel ANYWHERE in the UK to find what i need. :winky:

so now im back to the drawing board im going to be looking for either a black or granite sky early model.

thanks for the great help you guys have all been so far ,im sure i shall be bothering you again very very soon.

Sounds like you made a good choice there, no need to buy something with problems unless you're very sure you know *exactly* what those problems are and how much they would be to fix (and strange knocking noises could be something quite minor or something very serious, or anywhere in between).

Feel free to ask lots more questions here if you need to, good luck !

Sounds like you made a good choice there, no need to buy something with problems unless you're very sure you know *exactly* what those problems are and how much they would be to fix (and strange knocking noises could be something quite minor or something very serious, or anywhere in between).

Feel free to ask lots more questions here if you need to, good luck !

Good move there, in my experiance cars for sale with faults are rarely the cheap ones to repair, thats why it is for sale. Good hunting for a minter!!

Yeah we were a little wary hence coming back up the road in the focus , im not worried its knocked me back about a month admittedly but it just gives me more time to save for a better example , i have just sat down and written everything out and have worked out ill have about £3300 to spend in the 1st week of March (wich means im still going to be a month ahead of my original target so i must not and will not complain ! )

SURELY i will find a nice early example in black or granite sky on 100k or less for that budget (white would be a brucey bonus but i know thats not going to happen !)

i have been on ebay/autotrader/pistonheads 10x daily seeing whats what so i reckon i will manage to squeeze one into my budget ,

cheers once again ....abbott

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links