Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello Everyone,

It's a bit quiet on here at the moment are you all away on a LOC meet in the Carribean I don't know about?

Anyway after a lot of research and failed attempts I have managed to buy cheap a personal registration number for the LS and it is L40 SEJ so I have Lexus 4.0 Litre and my first 2 initials but not the J or Special Edition Japanese!

It cost me £95.00 including the transfer fee so happy at that.

Actually getting it on my car is an absolute PITA because I first have to be named as the "nominee" on the V778 retention certificate and then the present owner sends this plus £25.00 to the DVLA. They process it and then return the amended certificate BACK to the OWNER who then has to send it to me.

It is still however not mine until I put it on the car and even then the DVLA retain "ownership"

I have to treat myself occasionally.

BTW does anyone know if A-Plan charge for insurance certificate changes?

Cheers Aido and Spikes,

It's a birthday treat to celebrate my half century in March so hopefully I will have it on by then.

Taking the inlaws to Birmingham airport on Friday and noticed that L5 BHX is still on the DVLA for £245.00!

Wonder if this allows you free parking in front of the terminal :whistling:

Hello Everyone,It's a bit quiet on here at the moment are you all away on a LOC meet in the Carribean I don't know about?

Champions League Steve,,,, I take it you're not into football coming from Derby :winky:

Hello Everyone,It's a bit quiet on here at the moment are you all away on a LOC meet in the Carribean I don't know about?

Champions League Steve,,,, I take it you're not into football coming from Derby :winky:

A bit close to the belt that one Graham I won't mention Nottingham Forest 1 Derby County 3 then!

The large TV has been commandeered by the other half for Holby City so I am left with the 15" LCD in the kitchen after trying to follow the ball, which on this is the size of a pinhead, I gave up!

It's a bit quiet on here at the moment are you all away on a LOC meet in the Carribean I don't know about?

Steve

We were going to invite you but we heard about problems with a forgotten passport :whistling::whistling::whistling:

As a side note.... if your car ever gets written off then make sure you get straight down the local DVLA office and put the plate on retention, once a car has been written off by an insurance company then you lose your plate.... dvla get it back and that is it....

Also if it gets stolen you lose it for two years in case the car turns up again......

Pete

Hello Everyone,

Anyway after a lot of research and failed attempts I have managed to buy cheap a personal registration number for the LS and it is L40 SEJ so I have Lexus 4.0 Litre and my first 2 initials but not the J or Special Edition Japanese!

Actually getting it on my car is an absolute PITA because I first have to be named as the "nominee" on the V778 retention certificate and then the present owner sends this plus £25.00 to the DVLA. They process it and then return the amended certificate BACK to the OWNER who then has to send it to me.

It is still however not mine until I put it on the car and even then the DVLA retain "ownership"

HEY GREAT PRICE... i bought a private plate from the DVLA.... cost me £275 i think

i got A18 OUK (big AIBO FAN ;)

the fact DVLA still have ownership is a pain.... i did think of tweaking the plate abit to A18O UK ...... but ive been warned that if you get caught with a modified plate, you not only get a fine, but DVLA can take the plate back

no u shouldnt get charged for the change, i got my cert changed with A plan when i changed plates with no hassles, and new cert sent out straight away

Cheers,

I rang them yesterday and they said it would cost a fiver for the admin. I don't mind but may try to get it for free seeing as this is my 2nd year with them and there are always competitors on renewal.

Hello Everyone,

HEY GREAT PRICE... i bought a private plate from the DVLA.... cost me £275 i think

i got A18 OUK (big AIBO FAN ;)

the fact DVLA still have ownership is a pain.... i did think of tweaking the plate abit to A18O UK ...... but ive been warned that if you get caught with a modified plate, you not only get a fine, but DVLA can take the plate back

Cheers,

It's staying as standard on the car, the rear plate is the oblong Japanese style which is legal on mine as an import so the L40 will be on the top row and the letters below the front is the normal style UK plate.

yh when i wrote my lexus off, Direct Line were helpful getting my plate back, think about it, im still waiting for the new V5 documents,

Direct Line sent me letter with an application form and another letter there wrote saying there got no interest in the plate, which was good.

It all depends on insurance company, ive retained mine for 2 years and change it to my name instead of my dad,

Had it on the is200 which i was proud off, now got a astra old shape, not keen on getting it on there,

will wait till i get my hands on a is220 or is250 and then assign it

Hello Everyone,

Great number and we all need treats - often!

I have transferred a number from my Mum's old 1963 Rover 95

6114 KM

This has cost me a lot of time/spares to get ready for sale

But anyways it is great to keep a number within the family - was going to fit this to a Citroen XM (KM/XM), but the Lexus seems to be a much posher car!

Kindest regards and don't stop the spoiling!

David

BOO HOO it's all gone pear shaped!

The retention certificate arrived today with my name as the nominee so after gathering the V5C and MOT certificate it's over to Nottingham DVLA to get the deed done.

At last it's my turn and I eagerly pass the paperwork over only to be told that the form needs to be signed by the GRANTEE and no I can't sign it myself!

So I have had to send the form back to the seller for it to be signed and then re-returned to me, the funny thing is the seller lives in Swansea so might even work at the DVLA!!!!!

Well it's Friday for the deadline otherwise I won't get my birthday present on time!!!

• 2 weeks later...
BOO HOO it's all gone pear shaped!

The retention certificate arrived today with my name as the nominee so after gathering the V5C and MOT certificate it's over to Nottingham DVLA to get the deed done.

At last it's my turn and I eagerly pass the paperwork over only to be told that the form needs to be signed by the GRANTEE and no I can't sign it myself!

So I have had to send the form back to the seller for it to be signed and then re-returned to me, the funny thing is the seller lives in Swansea so might even work at the DVLA!!!!!

Well it's Friday for the deadline otherwise I won't get my birthday present on time!!!

Doh!

I've a couple of plates I've bought, too, really as investiment and fun. One relates to the car it is on - a Saab - and the other has been parked on another vehicle of mine S44BLY - one that the DVLA didn't spot and retain for auction - and so I got it for the standard price. Been offered 8x purchase price from a dealer - NOT FOR SALE!

Can't justify buying any more, now, and TBH, would rather spend the cash maintaining the fleet.

To update I finally got the signed document back on 12/03/2009 and went back to the DVLA.

It was extremely busy and there are 4 options for a numbered tickets so joined the longest queue " General Enquiries" but then spotted "Import help" so got a ticket for this queue as there were only 2 in front, but when called the guy wasn't impressed for " queue jumping" even though I had an import car and made me wait for the general queue, worth a try though!

Anyway got it sorted with new MOT and tax disc ( they seem to have messed up the tax disc as it runs out on 28/02/20010 as I had just retaxed for the year but they have stamped it 6 months at a cost of £101.25).

Friday morning collected the plates and fitted them so got them on for my birthday just.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links