Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel Prices

expected to hit £1.15 or more per litre by august,£1.26 for diesel,58% of this is fuel duty,15% is VAT,this will cause the complete demise of the haulage industry,send food prices through the roof and place such a financial burden on the motorist that in this time of recession the nation will spiral even further into crisis.

saw it at £1.03 a litre in Stoke this morning

Yet will Labour cap or reduce duty? will they ****,they just keep on with their take take take attitude regardless.

yet another sign the Britain is truly and utterly doomed.................... :shutit:

I thought that by August the Yanks will finish their petrol guzzling summer hols and the current price will come down. I don't think any government can turn away tax revenue at this time.

Still under a quid here but not by much, does seem to either go through the roof or drop right down so why not just try and keep the price constant and once everyone's got used to the price no one will moan, and yeah I know it's all to do with the price of oil etc.etc. but surely it can't fluctuate that much so the price goes from £1.20odd a litre down to 80odd pence and back up again just keep it around 92-93p and most will be content.

Still under a quid here but not by much, does seem to either go through the roof or drop right down so why not just try and keep the price constant and once everyone's got used to the price no one will moan, and yeah I know it's all to do with the price of oil etc.etc. but surely it can't fluctuate that much so the price goes from £1.20odd a litre down to 80odd pence and back up again just keep it around 92-93p and most will be content.

[/quote

So far the "government" (with a small "g") have netted £2.2billion from the motorist. Easy hit to top up the gap left by the "expenses debacle". Well, someone has to pay to keep the tossers out of prison. I took the time to get my MP involved and he lobbied parliament. Guess what I got???? "A trite reply" (I said trite not sh@te), basically saying "so what.. fek off, pay up with a smile!!". What a waste of my energy.... We're ALL DOOMED I tell yeah.....

Col... :tsktsk: :sick:

I barted with my local filling station when it went up to £1.00/litre and offered them 90p/litre settled at 95p/litre :whistling:

Yeah I wish!

If I don't want a receipt can I get the VAT knocked off :whistling:

Got stung again today as I was "playing the market" seeing as the euro was rising a little, could have got my holiday money last week at 1.10/£ but decided to wait, but the government election fiasco ( thanks GB) meant I got 1.06 today :tsktsk:

Paid 97.9 at Shell in Tunbridge Wells over the weekend. Still cost well over £60 to fill up though.

Anyone else noticed that Shell is now often the cheapest fuel around? It's the same, if not cheaper, than the supermarkets round here, and several pence per litre cheaper than Jet (which was always a byword for cheap fuel!!)

Paid 97.9 at Shell in Tunbridge Wells over the weekend. Still cost well over £60 to fill up though.

Anyone else noticed that Shell is now often the cheapest fuel around? It's the same, if not cheaper, than the supermarkets round here, and several pence per litre cheaper than Jet (which was always a byword for cheap fuel!!)

ours has just gone up to 98.9 in Aberdeen, but, I got my shell points card which makes a wee bit of a differnece now and again. I'm thinking of selling my Lex now..... :duh:

When i filled up my Skyline last night it cost me £1.03.9 for Shell V Power so wasnt too bad, and if i'd gone to Sainsburys it would of cost me £1.02.9 so not much in it round here at the moment, the standard unleaded at most places around here is around 97-99p a ltr now and its still rising :angry:

Bit strange though as i read in the the independant a week or so ago that the oil prices were at there lowest they have been for a while? so why the increase? is it to cover the government crap at the moment and give them there huge payoffs and even bigger pensions?? if it was either of us guys doing what they had done we would of all been to court by now and probably jailed for fraud!!

And to top it off the last 5 jobs i've gone for have been taken by polish people, so well impressed with the country at the moment :angry:

Think thats my 1st ever rant on here :lol: and now its over :D

I posted a short while ago regarding the almost weekly increase of 1p or 2p per litre which seemed to be going almost unnoticed. Even allowing for the recent increase in fuel duty the figures just don't seem to add up. Bear in mind also that the weak dollar contributes to higher oil prices.

Oil was trading around $147/barrel last July when petrol prices were around £1.20/litre. At the beginning of this year it was trading at around $33/barrel and petrol around here was about 82p/litre. Oil is currently trading around the $67 to $68/barrel so I would have thought that a figure around the 92p/litre would represent a fairer retail price.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links