Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cool Hidden Features About Gs

1. Hold the unlock button down for more than 5 seconds and it opens up all the windows and sunroof. This can also be accomplished by putting the key in the keylock and turning the key to the right and holding it there for about 5 seconds.tooopen all windows and left to close all windows and sunroof.

2. Driver and passenger side visor can be turned toward the door window to block light from coming in. But in addition it can be extended an additional 6 inches by pulling it towards you.

3. Steering wheel can be lowered even more by holding the down button for about 6 seconds followed by by a couple more pushes which will bring the steering wheel even lower.

To move the steering wheel and extra 1/2in to 1inch in any directions....click the button 8 times in the direction you want it to move it

4. In the glove box, you can get to the Air conditioner filter and clean it out. You can remove the panel by pulling it straight out and than slide out the A/C filter. I could not believe how dirty and filthy my filter was and I was breathing all that ****** when the AC was on.

5. When giving the car to a valet, you can insert the key into the lock and lock it. But you can also lock it without the key. Just push the lock in and the trunk locks itself. To unlock it you would need to use the key.

6. When you turn the auto button on the AC automatically comes on. If you do not want the AC to come on, than turn off the AC so the green light does not appear when the auto button is on. Next, turn on the off switch to switch off the system. Then instead of hitting the auto switch to activate the hvac controls, hit the fan speed swich left or right button. This will turn on the controls without the AC going on and decreasing the power on tap.

7. You can change the defaut sensitivty of the of the carbon filter from 0 to 3(most sensitive) to turn from fresh air to recirculate. This is in the manual...while the car is running and in park, press and hold down the auto/fresh/auto button until a number pops up in the AC display. Use the AC temperature control button to move it up from 0, 1, 2 or 3.

8. Open the trunk manually with key and the trunk light will not turn on, use the trunk remote on key and the trunk light turns on.

9. To turn of your headlights at night, hit the lock button twice on the remote

most aren't hidden, they are documented in the owners manual.

Yeah but who reads them :P

Just kidding, but it is nice when you find stuff that you haven't bothered to read in the manual :)

1. Hold the unlock button down for more than 5 seconds and it opens up all the windows and sunroof. This can also be accomplished by putting the key in the keylock and turning the key to the right and holding it there for about 5 seconds.tooopen all windows and left to close all windows and sunroof.

2. Driver and passenger side visor can be turned toward the door window to block light from coming in. But in addition it can be extended an additional 6 inches by pulling it towards you.

3. Steering wheel can be lowered even more by holding the down button for about 6 seconds followed by by a couple more pushes which will bring the steering wheel even lower.

To move the steering wheel and extra 1/2in to 1inch in any directions....click the button 8 times in the direction you want it to move it

4. In the glove box, you can get to the Air conditioner filter and clean it out. You can remove the panel by pulling it straight out and than slide out the A/C filter. I could not believe how dirty and filthy my filter was and I was breathing all that ****** when the AC was on.

5. When giving the car to a valet, you can insert the key into the lock and lock it. But you can also lock it without the key. Just push the lock in and the trunk locks itself. To unlock it you would need to use the key.

6. When you turn the auto button on the AC automatically comes on. If you do not want the AC to come on, than turn off the AC so the green light does not appear when the auto button is on. Next, turn on the off switch to switch off the system. Then instead of hitting the auto switch to activate the hvac controls, hit the fan speed swich left or right button. This will turn on the controls without the AC going on and decreasing the power on tap.

7. You can change the defaut sensitivty of the of the carbon filter from 0 to 3(most sensitive) to turn from fresh air to recirculate. This is in the manual...while the car is running and in park, press and hold down the auto/fresh/auto button until a number pops up in the AC display. Use the AC temperature control button to move it up from 0, 1, 2 or 3.

8. Open the trunk manually with key and the trunk light will not turn on, use the trunk remote on key and the trunk light turns on.

is there anything like this for the is200, on LOC.

1. If you have windows/sunroof open you can close them when you leave car by pressing lock button twice and holding it down for a few of seconds on the second press. This function is also present on my neighbours Mondeo. He hadn't realised until he tried it after seeing my windows close when I was about 15ft away from the car.

5. Pointless doing that unless you give them the sub/valet key. The sub/valet key will also not unlock the glovebox.

9. Or you could use the auto function on the lightswitch.

The manual is full of interesting things relating to your car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links