Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Prople.

Was at Lexus Woodford having my MOT done and it passed. Thought the back tyres might let it down as they are down to 2mm but Tony at WIM is getting me a price.

Thanks again to Kathryn in Service. Your a credit to Lexus Woodford,

Jim.

Gutted!! MY LS failed its MOT on excess play on the OSF wheel bearing!

Woodford wanted £457 to fix that and change the front pads. I already paid them £900 4 months ago for a service and cambelt change. I was also gutted to find out that my old MOT certificate that runs out on Sept 5th is now invalid and so I can't drive it till its fixed. Managed to get a local to give a quote on labour and i sourced the parts from the toyota garage. Total cost £318. Ouch! Booked in for this friday but MOT retest re-booked for Wednesday.

Silver lining quoted the '4 plus club' thing and got my MOT down to £40 and they will give me a free retest when i get the work done.

• 1 month later...

Had an MOT scare on Friday.

Took my October 2000 LS 430 for its MOT, left it at the garage just before 08:00, went off to get the train to work.

Still on the train, my mobile rings at 08:25. "Are you on the train yet, sir?" Heart sinks: have they found something major? Have I done something stupid like left the wrong key? Have to stew a bit longer because I go through a cutting and lose the signal.

Eventually I can call them back. "Oh no sir, no problem. Just thought if you hadn't got the train yet, you could come to collect it." Done already! And sailed straight through (again)!

Mind you, I would have been amazed if there had been any issue, nothing ever goes wrong with these beauties. But it's always nice to have it behind you for another year, isn't it?

Chris

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links