Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heated Seats - Anyone Else Find This?

My LS 430 has the perforated and climate controlled seats. I can understand that these are probably driven by warm or cool air from the system rather than being electric like on my last GS300. This means the heat does not come through straightaway. But today - and I've noticed this on other occasions - very little heat has come through at all perhaps for an hour or so, then all of a sudden it gets very hot and I have to turn the dial completely off.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
My LS 430 has the perforated and climate controlled seats. I can understand that these are probably driven by warm or cool air from the system rather than being electric like on my last GS300. This means the heat does not come through straightaway. But today - and I've noticed this on other occasions - very little heat has come through at all perhaps for an hour or so, then all of a sudden it gets very hot and I have to turn the dial completely off.

Mike

I actually think the heated seats work the same, it's only the cooling the works via moved air (could be wrong though)

However the behaviour of it is exactly how it is in my IS200 as well, it's quite primitive I have to say - warms up, then cools and will come back on really strong.

Mike

Mine seems similar - taking ages to warm up - though I've not left it on for an hour. Seems to defeat the object if it's not pretty quick. I just bought the car (authorised used) and planned to get the seat heating checked out under warranty. I'll let you know how I get on.

Andy

would you credit it? After reporting this to Lexus Teesside, this morning my heated seat was chucking a reasonable amount of warm air through my seat within 2 minutes. So it's obviously not a design fault.

Mike

Hate to be a party-pooper but mine works quite well....the back especially gets very hot within 4-5 minutes. The heated base I find less effective because most of the heat seems to escape between my thighs rather than heat my bum (apologies if that's too much information! :0)

If this isn't proof positive how amazingly well engineered LS's are, I don't know what is, all we have to discusss is how quickly the seats heat up...

No heated seats for me, in my "basic" LS400, I just have to grit my teeth and take it... beats my last commuting vehicle though, a CX650 motorbike....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links