Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 And Security

I have just bought an IS 200 SE 2000 model. I have read that the security system is pretty good on this model. Is it worth putting on a CAT 1 alarm? Would it make any real difference?

Any advice is appreciated.

i Too had the same thought, but after speaking with my dealership and people onthe forum, it is true that the security on the IS is pretty damn good and is cat 1 approved so the insurance people will be happy.

obviously if you want more peace of mind then go get an addition alarm fitted.

The security was one of the reasons I plumped for a IS200 over the Audi ( the other is the Audi dealer only wanted to offer a test drive after I complained, Lexus could not do enough to help me). I digress anyway if you want to up the security you can always add a Tracker to it, should knock a bit more off the old insurance.

Why waste money on a tracker plus yearly subscription, after all you may get the car back but who says you want the car after it has been kaned and abused by mr joyrider,,

Opt for the Lexus GAP, they will pay out the difference between your indurance and the shortfall you paid for the car..

This option cost me 400 for the 3 years.

If your car was lost with the keys then it might be difficult to put in an insurance claim.

This is true, but surly if your keys were stolen from your house then you have a very good case,

I have a tracker fitted....it was done so by the garage and sold as part of the car! Most useful for Mr. Insurance man!! He likes it... :lol:

Why waste money on a tracker plus yearly subscription, Opt for the Lexus GAP, they will pay out the difference between your indurance and the shortfall you paid for the car..

This option cost me 400 for the 3 years.

I agree the yearly subscription is not the best option, it is all down to how long you keep the car. Being under 30 the cost of the having the tracker fitted in the short term recouped it's money after 3 years on my last car, as my car is parked on a drive.

The GAP insurence can be good but again it is all down to the small print, and at the moment not had a look at it yet, but did have a look at the one from Volvo which seemed good, but will be looking at the broker for a deal.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links