Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hello all.....Help....I just went out to my ls 400 1995, and the Battery was flat. I disconected the Battery and charged it. I then reconected the Battery, but the car would not start, the dashboard lights going out when switching the ignition start on. I noticed the the red security light was on.....How do I cancell it....Any ideas please. Thank you Roy

Hello all.....Help....I just went out to my ls 400 1995, and the battery was flat. I disconected the battery and charged it. I then reconected the battery, but the car would not start, the dashboard lights going out when switching the ignition start on. I noticed the the red security light was on.....How do I cancell it....Any ideas please. Thank you Roy

Hi Roy

This is the procedure.

Turn key to acc position

Disconnect earth from Battery

Turn key to on position

Reconnect earth

Turn key to off

Remove key

Close Doors

Lock as usual

Unlock, start-up and drive-off

Hello all.....Help....I just went out to my ls 400 1995, and the battery was flat. I disconected the battery and charged it. I then reconected the battery, but the car would not start, the dashboard lights going out when switching the ignition start on. I noticed the the red security light was on.....How do I cancell it....Any ideas please. Thank you Roy

Hi Roy

This is the procedure.

Turn key to acc position

Disconnect earth from Battery

Turn key to on position

Reconnect earth

Turn key to off

Remove key

Close Doors

Lock as usual

Unlock, start-up and drive-off

Hi, Thanks for that.....I have tried it twice, but to no avail...Any other ideas would be appreciated....Thank Roy....If you wish to ring me please do so on 01556-600294, and I will ring you back....Thanks.

Hi, Thanks for that.....I have tried it twice, but to no avail...Any other ideas would be appreciated....Thank Roy....If you wish to ring me please do so on 01556-600294, and I will ring you back....Thanks.

Hi, Still no avail, anybody any other ideas....Thank you.

Try a different battery!

Hi royzels

Since we spoke, it did occur to me had you fully charged the Battery before refitting?

Further, did you close the bonnet after going through the procedure and BEFORE pressing the button to lock?

If, not, that could explain the lack of success.

Please let me know how you get on.

Try a different battery!

Hi royzels

Since we spoke, it did occur to me had you fully charged the Battery before refitting?

Further, did you close the bonnet after going through the procedure and BEFORE pressing the button to lock?

If, not, that could explain the lack of success.

Please let me know how you get on.

Hi, I tried using the start procedure ie diconecting the earth etc, numerous times, but still no success. I enventually called out the AA, who tried several procedures, including the one that has been advised by yourselfs,( my Battery was attached to their vehicle battery) but again with no success, and I was advised to contact Lexus.. I dont want to incur huge expence as I am a pensioner, but I dont know what else to try......Any further help would be appreciated....Roy

When you have followed the proceedure suggested and have locked the car have you tried unlocking it with the key in the lock and not using the remote?

Hello, Thanks for your reply....Yes I have tried that.....because the fob is no longer working since the trouble began, the only way that I could lock or unlock is with the key...Thanks.

What sort of fob do you have.

Is it a rectangular one with a sunk black button and a raised red button, with a slide switch on one edge and a 3 pin connector on the other edge?

If it is it is a scorpion 5000 alarm that you hace. These were fitted by Lexus in 1996 and are CAT-1 rated by Thatcham.

Make sure the slider is not sitting in the middle, and also do a serach on here for scorpion for more suggestions.

What sort of fob do you have.

Is it a rectangular one with a sunk black button and a raised red button, with a slide switch on one edge and a 3 pin connector on the other edge?

If it is it is a scorpion 5000 alarm that you hace. These were fitted by Lexus in 1996 and are CAT-1 rated by Thatcham.

Make sure the slider is not sitting in the middle, and also do a serach on here for scorpion for more suggestions.

Hello again, Yes its as you described, and yes I have made sure that the slide switch is in the right position. I have searched Scorpion, but again to no avail.....It looks like im into a huge expence of replacing the alarm ( never mind ). Maybe I can get someone to disconect the old Scorpion. and leave it without, Ill have to make some enquiries, in the mean time thanks to you all for your efforts.....I will let you know how I get on...Cheers Roy.

I've just had another idea! There have been cases previously where the main 120A engine fuse has blown when refitting the Battery, I can't remember if it causes the symptoms you have but maybe worth a look.

It's located in the engine bay fuse box and has a see through top ( exact location details should be on the underside of the fuse cover).

Hi again

Ive also had another idea but need help to find it.

When I was speaking to Royzels when he was trying to get going, I said that to re-tune the fob to the car, he should stand next to the car and point the fob as normal, but to hold the black button down for 10 seconds because I suspected the fob and car were out of sync, and that was the procedure I thought was correct fot re-aligning them.

There are 2 points here

1) Was I right in my recollection, if so why didnt it work? and

2) I am having difficulty using the search facility since the update changes. Are there any instructions and/or has anyone cracked it?

My other car is a Golf VR6 which has a Thatcham Scorpion fitted.

This Battery runs flat often and I always have to reset the alarm when re-connecting.

You must always have the drivers door open when you re-connect, or when jump-starting.

I read somewhere on the forum, that you should remove the Battery, and hold down both buttons for a minute, to loose any residual power in the capacitors, this will totally reset the fob.

I recall once in Sutton / Cheam area that my remote was being blasted out by a local transmitter. I had to push the car round the corner (and behind a large building) before the immobiliser would allow me to open / start the car without the siren!

Roys first post suggests that the car is in the "normal" place, somewhere the system has operated before without problem. Is this true? Have any new dishes, or aerials been erected recently nearby?

best wishes

Hi all,

I got a 93 LS and when my Battery started playing up i eventually found out it simply needed topping up with de-ironised water

99p later and i've had no problems - its worth a look

Hi all,

I got a 93 LS and when my battery started playing up i eventually found out it simply needed topping up with de-ironised water

Hello every body...Right here we go......Regarding my inability to start the car...I eventually gave up the ghost, and with the kind assistance of the AA, I had it taken to tha Lexus Garage at Carlisle. Who rang me this morning and informed me that the EC unit had completely locked us out, and that due to the fact that this Scorpion 5000 alarm was now obsolete, that the only solution was to completely disconect the imobilizer and bypass it...This was the cheap option, the other was to install a new alarm.....So for the time being I have had it disconected, until I can afford a new alarm, but at least I am back on the road.....and that leads me to all the good people who tried very hard to help....Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, a million times....All the very best Roy.

Hi all,

I got a 93 LS and when my battery started playing up i eventually found out it simply needed topping up with de-ironised water

Hello every body...Right here we go......Regarding my inability to start the car...I eventually gave up the ghost, and with the kind assistance of the AA, I had it taken to tha Lexus Garage at Carlisle. Who rang me this morning and informed me that the EC unit had completely locked us out, and that due to the fact that this Scorpion 5000 alarm was now obsolete, that the only solution was to completely disconect the imobilizer and bypass it...This was the cheap option, the other was to install a new alarm.....So for the time being I have had it disconected, until I can afford a new alarm, but at least I am back on the road.....and that leads me to all the good people who tried very hard to help....Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, a million times....All the very best Roy.

I'm delighted to hear you're mobile.

Only just seen thisw thread, but glad you got it going.

My 95 model came with no remote keyfob and the Scorpion alarm was "missing". I was not really bothered with the alarm aspect, but I missed not having remote locking. I had a new Cobra alarm fitted (with remote locking) for about £150 all in. I find alarms tempremental and who pays them any attention nowadays?

My 95 model came with no remote keyfob and the Scorpion alarm was "missing". I was not really bothered with the alarm aspect, but I missed not having remote locking. I had a new Cobra alarm fitted (with remote locking) for about £150 all in. I find alarms tempremental and who pays them any attention nowadays?

Hi, Thanks for the reply...The new alarm seems cheap enough, where did you get that done? and lastly your comments about who takes notice of alarms these days seems very appropriate...Cheers Roy.

I think you are right about alarms and notice. BUT the lack of "alarm" also means no immobiliser and insurance consequences. Also, it might be pretty good to hear your own alarm before some :tsktsk: had it away.

I think you are right about alarms and notice. BUT the lack of "alarm" also means no immobiliser and insurance consequences. Also, it might be pretty good to hear your own alarm before some :tsktsk: had it away.

Hi Steve...Yes your right. would appreciate some advice as to the type of Alarm, and the best price....Cheers Roy.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links