Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sunroof Rattle Grrrr !

hi my fellow lexus lovers

the sunroof knocking noise is apparently a common problem , its driving me insane , apart from taking it to a lexus dealer and exposing my bare behind to them for a financial spanking does anyone know what is making the noise and how to fix it ? i will bow down and worship forever anyone who can help me resolve this issue a guide especially with pics would be superb , thanks all.

• 2 weeks later...

hi my fellow lexus lovers

the sunroof knocking noise is apparently a common problem , its driving me insane , apart from taking it to a lexus dealer and exposing my bare behind to them for a financial spanking does anyone know what is making the noise and how to fix it ? i will bow down and worship forever anyone who can help me resolve this issue a guide especially with pics would be superb , thanks all.

i have the same problem as you i would like to know how to resolve this aswell!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, this seems pretty common, anyone got any ideas?? mine does it from time to time, have tried everything from oil to polishing the edge the rubber sits against. but it always returns....without removing the sunroof(not that it would help) i cant think of anything else I can do.

There must be someone who knows a cure, anyone??

What sort of noise are you getting? I had a rattle that I thought was the sunroof, my dealer looked at it and said it was just a cable in the roof that had come loose and was rattling around :)

The sound i am getting is a creaking sound if you know what i mean,and i am pretty sure its from the plastic trim underneath the glass.

I dont know how this trim is held in place,maybe someone on here knows?

my sunroof cracks when going over uneven surfaces at slow speeds

solwed this once removing headliner and loosening and tightening all screws that hold sunroof in place, was quiet for a while, now it starts to show up again.

i thing it is because whole cars body is twisting and bending a bit and since sunroof tracks and whole assembly is quite stiff doesnt twist with body and makes crack :D my english rox, i know :)

I also had noises coming from the sunroof they became more noticeable after lowering the car everytime i hit a bump or uneven surface I would hear sounds from the sunroof. I ended up removing all the plastic trim on the inside of the sunroof and that seemed to eliminated most of the noises. Planning on putting it back at some stage with some material between pieces to stop any further noise.

The 4 plastic peices have lots of clips holding them in place I used a flat head screwdriver with tape on the tip and very carefully removed them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links