Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheel Refurbishment

looks good mate how much did that cost you.

did u decide not to keep the diamond cut edges then and go all silver

still like them need to get mine done at some stage

hi m8,

it's not expensive at all, £30 / wheel.

if any power coater tells you they can do the diamond cut, don't let them do your wheels, cos they don't know what they are talking about.

the one I went do 100s wheels a day.

They worth every penny 8m.

Good luck

they look just like mine now felix-much nicer to look at then before and easy to keep clean with a good jetwash once a week - i heard the same about diamond cutting or machining the face to look like oem - apparently its fraught with problems as to how long the various finishes last,just look at the oem problems-must admit i do like the original look but how often do you see a set in really nice condition - well done felix looks much better

Parthiban,

for the diamond cut finish you need to CNC the wheel, talking about over 100 / wheel.

if someone from the "power coaters" offers the diamond cut, surely they don't know what they are talking about.

Felix

not a bad price at all...looks good

im looking to get my 18inch Aero done..been qouted similar price

how long did they take to do?

it takes one week.

this is what I did: I got a spare wheel off eBay for £10. got this one and my spare dropped to the power coaters, they called me 3 days later, so I picked them up and swiped with my two front ones. (using same tyres as they are new), dropped the rims to them again, 3 days later they called, and I have my two rear ones swiped.

then, I got the last two rims done, and am selling them on to make my money back......(not here, don't want to break any rules)

he he he he he

Felix

P.S. so it will not cost me anything in the end

Parthiban,

for the diamond cut finish you need to CNC the wheel, talking about over 100 / wheel.

if someone from the "power coaters" offers the diamond cut, surely they don't know what they are talking about.

Felix

Oh I see what you mean, so these were just powder coaters rather than wheel refurbishers? Hadn't actually considered that in the past, would obviously be a cheaper way of getting them done!

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys

i had my wheels done by them and a few of my friends and i couldnt recommend them enough , their work is top notch and they are a decent bunch of lads , my only gripe was that i was told it would take around 4 days ,so i booked a week off work put the lexxy on axle stands and took all the wheels in and the spare too , it actually ended up taking them just under 2 weeks which was a bit of an arse pain lol , they told me that lexxy wheels are notorious for being difficult to shift the original coating and they had to send them to another place cos their acid wasnt strong enough , but why didnt they tell me that before i took them in ,after hearing "they should be done tommorrow mate" and "ill call you back" for over a week i did get a little frustrated with them , that was just my experience though and like i said their work is top notch and the prices are amazing , it does appear that im moaning but im just giving a warning to expect to wait around 2 weeks on average ,luckily i could get a lift to work but some people might not be as lucky if their gonna perch their lex on stands.

anyway heres a pic ,still got to sort my centre caps.

14052010016.jpg

Total wheel works in nottingham did all 5 of mine for £150. im pretty sure they do refurbs, but why would you want that when you can get a complete new paint job. Brilliant finish aswell, top guys! www.totalwheelworks.com

Only took them 3-4 days if i remember correctly.

img1178v.jpg

Total wheel works in nottingham did all 5 of mine for £150. im pretty sure they do refurbs, but why would you want that when you can get a complete new paint job. Brilliant finish aswell, top guys! www.totalwheelworks.com

I assume yours are painted, not powder coated? It said that powder coating is superior to regular paint job :)

I assume yours are painted, not powder coated? It said that powder coating is superior to regular paint job :)

They are powder coated (paint job was all i could think of at the time) and yes powder coating is much better than a standard paint as its much tougher i think!

Sorry for the confusion lol

I had mine done at the same place - on felix's recommendation. they took about 2 weeks but you cant rush quality and they did my set of 4 for £80.

they charge £10 for taking off and re-fitting your tyres, but my tyres were worn out anyway.

So to summarise £80 = an absolute bargain + top quality wheels !

thanks again felix :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links