Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 In-dash 6 Disc Multichanger

Nakamichi or Fujitsu-Ten i think you'll find.

Possibly Pioneer are involved somewhere too i think.

OMG I didn't realise you lucky swines had Nakamichi head units, they're one of the best audio companies out there....

Until recently I had a Nakamichi Soundspace 5 after comparing it to Bose etcet c systems, the sound quality of those is amazing.....

Scuse the french, but why oh why would you want to swap a Nakamichi for another system !

Scuse the french, but why oh why would you want to swap a Nakamichi for another system !

what happened is that originally, lexus worked with nakamichi for the sound systems

then formed alliance with mark levinson

not sure what happened after that but i think that they didnt want to put levinson in the IS, so they got fujitsu to make the headunits until the new IS comes out (which will have levinson)

hold on a minute. I thought the Mark Levinson ones were a cost option on things like the GS and LS. The standard ones are definately not Levinson!

It would be nice if the next IS did have a levinson audio option though. They are meant to be the bees knees!

erm...some clariity on this would be nice then!! ;)

From what I understand when my dad bought his GS300, was that you can pay (and its not cheap) for the Mark Levinson system as an option which gives you a totally new audio system and speakers etc.

Unless Levinson also tied up with Lexus to produce the normal radio unit too (which I doubt) then they must be made by someone else!

The article in the recent Lexus magazine was talking about the optional audio systems. However on current special ed. GS300's it seems they give you it for free (along with bigger wheels and *** knows what else)! Feel a model update on that soon then!

I too have a top loading cd player - dunno who makes it though??

Ta Claire,

Thats good to know then as they make some pretty hot stuff!

I would love to hear a Levinson audio one though. Meant to be great, got talked up alot in the Lexus mag.

am jealous. Got a couple of invites recently but ones was in teeside or whatever, thats miles away!

Hopefully Reading will have one soon. Southampton did/are but cannot make the date.

no its the top-loading ones that are fujitsu (the new ones)

the old bottom slot ones, are the nakamichi ones

i been getting that err1 thing too recently, wot did the dealer say about it?

its not quite so simple as.........this or that.

onthe face plae there are some very small numbers, these dictate the origin of manufacturer

known manufacturers were:

fujitsu

pioneer

nakamatchi

from what i understand the early upto 2000 nes were made by nakamatchi, then pioneer or fujitsu units were ffitted

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links