Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I Dont think ive posted any pics of mine yet so here goes...

Recently had the front and rear bumpers re-painted, repaired the front splitter and had that painted, added clear front indicators and mk1 MR2 side repeaters, had the wheels stripped back and painted also.

I reckon it was on the borderline of going down the slippery slope condition wise before I bought it, so im glad to have put it back to a genuine clean condition once again. The mechanical side it spot on, replaced the bonnet struts, ARB bushes, rear pads, full fluid change including Toyota Type IV, a couple engine oil changes so far, brake fluid, air con regas, power steer fluid, modified the drivers window control switch to allow for 'auto up'. Ive also got a pair of front discs to go on but im still on the hunt for suitable pads...

DSC01890Large.jpg

DSC01891Large.jpg

DSC01892Large.jpg

DSC01893Large.jpg

A few pics with my MR2 Turbo before it goes away until next year

DSC01894Large.jpg

DSC01895Large.jpg

DSC01896Large.jpg

DSC01897Large.jpg

Looks really nice :) credit to you.

How did you do the switch mod? first time I have heard of this :winky: and did you source the front indicators from the UK or US?

Andy

It looks really good; it's so nice to see such a lovely stunner ......... mine needs some tlc too but not sure I'll go too far down the road of " spotless " like your's.

Well done.

Malc

Hi Andy, the switch mod was just something I thought of. I got hold of a mk4 switch that does auto up and down for all 4 windows, plugged it in and found that it has the desired effect for the drivers window, but the other 3 windows wouldnt work what so ever. So I took mine and the mk4 to pieces to see if I could make a good 1. Basically all you will need from the mk4 switch is the drivers window 'rocker button' as it allows for further movement on the up shift and you will also need one of the little button pushers that sits between the rocker button and the circuit board. The mk3 circuit board is already set up for auto up so im not sure why lexus didnt just add it as standard :S

edit: yes the indicators were brought back from the USA as well as some brake discs.. off there again soon, i wonder what ill bring back next...

It looks really good; it's so nice to see such a lovely stunner ......... mine needs some tlc too but not sure I'll go too far down the road of " spotless " like your's.

Well done.

Malc

Hi malc thanks for the comments, its not spotless though, a couple of marks here and there, but I guess it is 14 years old so expectable... the mr2 on the otherhand is 17 and is pretty much spotless :D

Try getting the 'Chrome' (i.e.plastic) Radiator grille stick-ons. Sounds tacky? But looks fine. I put them on my Ser 3 and it makes the grille 'more of a piece' somehow. And would look great on yours, being black.

Oh; and...it looks great with Black bumpers!!

Hi Andy, the switch mod was just something I thought of. I got hold of a mk4 switch that does auto up and down for all 4 windows, plugged it in and found that it has the desired effect for the drivers window, but the other 3 windows wouldnt work what so ever. So I took mine and the mk4 to pieces to see if I could make a good 1. Basically all you will need from the mk4 switch is the drivers window 'rocker button' as it allows for further movement on the up shift and you will also need one of the little button pushers that sits between the rocker button and the circuit board. The mk3 circuit board is already set up for auto up so im not sure why lexus didnt just add it as standard :S

edit: yes the indicators were brought back from the USA as well as some brake discs.. off there again soon, i wonder what ill bring back next...

Thanks for that, I will have to try that myself :)

Dont tell everyone when you are going back to the States or you will find yourself with a shopping list :hehe: I could do with a couple of things myself ;)

Andy

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links