Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Front Strut Brace

Hi Guy's,

Has anyone seen where I can buy a front strut brace for my IS200?

I've looked at HKS,TRD,CUSCO etc.. but they all list them for the Altezza, which is a different height(engine sits lower in the bay).

Also I have an induction kit on order, will this cause any problems with finding a strut brace to clear the inlet pipe???

Any coments are apreciated.

Cheers..... :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YEP, The onlt thing you need to do is reverse the bar, as the end droop at different angles.

with the factory airbox, it does rub slightly though, but the pro's outweigh the cons when fitted

YEP, The onlt thing you need to do is reverse the bar, as the end droop at different angles.

with the factory airbox, it does rub slightly though, but the pro's outweigh the cons when fitted

When the factory airbox comes off to make way for the induction kit, there shouldn't be a problem then?????

MAZ

..yes it will work with the S/C, however a small amount of material removal is required to pass over the throttle inlet

gxe10

yes ive fitted the cusco strut bar, it does make some improvement to the tail hapiness of the car when lowered.......however if you require boot space at all, dont bother with it. It really is only show unless you intend to make the car alot of go

Hi Guy's,

Has anyone seen where I can buy a front strut brace for my IS200?

I've looked at HKS,TRD,CUSCO etc.. but they all list them for the Altezza, which is a different height(engine sits lower in the bay).

Also I have an induction kit on order, will this cause any problems with finding a strut brace to clear the inlet pipe???

Any coments are apreciated.

Cheers..... :)

Are you sure a strut brace will fit with a N/A induction kit Mat?

The induction pipework that goes into the air intake on top of the engine would have to have a pretty tight bend on it, like the one on the s/c cars.

My advice would be to wait until you get the induction kit and borrow a strut brace (at JAE maybe?) from someone and try it

Zee007 Posted on Jun 23 2003, 09:49 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (Supracharged-IS340 @ Jun 22 2003, 05:33 PM)

aaaaaaaaaaaagggghhhhhh, with an induction kit im not sure.

my advice was with N/A, (not taking induction kits into acount) 

The strut brace will NOT fit with the TDi Induction kit... 

i ordered one of those Strut brace myself, but im going to get the TTE SC and the TDI induction kit later on this year, is this mean i just wasted money on the strut brace since it dont fit with the TTE SC and TDI induction kit on???

:angry::angry::angry::sad::sad::sad:

Zee007 Posted on Jun 23 2003, 09:49 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (Supracharged-IS340 @ Jun 22 2003, 05:33 PM)

aaaaaaaaaaaagggghhhhhh, with an induction kit im not sure.

my advice was with N/A, (not taking induction kits into acount) 

The strut brace will NOT fit with the TDi Induction kit... 

i ordered one of those Strut brace myself, but im going to get the TTE SC and the TDI induction kit later on this year, is this mean i just wasted money on the strut brace since it dont fit with the TTE SC and TDI induction kit on???

:angry::angry::angry::sad::sad::sad:

ill look after it for you mate

i take it your talking from experiance mat......Unlike myself

now, what did i do with that supercharger and strut brace.......ahhhhh, i sold them, thats it

:shifty: (This smiley acting as a substitute sarcasm smiley, for sarcasm purposes)

Edited by Supracharged-IS340

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links