Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone. Yep car failed mot this year. Two rear brake pipes corroded. £17 odd from lexus each so ordered and being fitted next friday job done.

Not the end of the world

I was considering changing in the new year but my mot guy said id be silly to change as the car really is in excellent condition , just needs stone chips sorting which il now do.

He basically said i could change to a newer model (wanted a 430 ) but with my budget i could still buy a car with more faults than i have now lol. Another problem would have been distance, not many come up in devon so any viewing is a train journey just to view.

Im happy. My series 3 is sorted for another year of smooth luxurius motoring

Steve.

Hi everyone. Yep car failed mot this year. Two rear brake pipes corroded. £17 odd from lexus each so ordered and being fitted next friday job done.

Not the end of the world

I was considering changing in the new year but my mot guy said id be silly to change as the car really is in excellent condition , just needs stone chips sorting which il now do.

He basically said i could change to a newer model (wanted a 430 ) but with my budget i could still buy a car with more faults than i have now lol. Another problem would have been distance, not many come up in devon so any viewing is a train journey just to view.

Im happy. My series 3 is sorted for another year of smooth luxurius motoring

Steve.

An excellent yuletide tale complete with happy ending :lol:

Barely a fail then ............. were there any Advisories ?

Malc

Yes

1. Sllight play in bottom ball joints , their now on order

2. Slight blow from egr pipe . Had this since I bought the car but now decided to keep I'm getting it done just after Xmas.been told this will make the drive seem more refined lol

I'm happy I'm keeping it, it's the best car by a mile I've owned.

Steve.

That's nothing, for the age of the car. My Mk.IV will be 13 years old next month, and this weekend I've done a 450-mile round trip from Brighton to North Norfolk and back; car didn't miss a beat, averaged more than 30 mpg because I drove gently, and after 225 miles yesterday I got home feeling like I'd driven about 50 miles because the car's so quiet, smooth and relaxing. I thought (as I often do): what else could you get for under £2000 that gives anything like as much luxury? I could easily have spent £1000-2000 more on a later model that wouldn't have given me any appreciable advantages for the extra money. These cars are amazing, and worth spending a reasonable amount on, I reckon.

That's nothing, for the age of the car. My Mk.IV will be 13 years old next month, and this weekend I've done a 450-mile round trip from Brighton to North Norfolk and back; car didn't miss a beat, averaged more than 30 mpg because I drove gently, and after 225 miles yesterday I got home feeling like I'd driven about 50 miles because the car's so quiet, smooth and relaxing. I thought (as I often do): what else could you get for under £2000 that gives anything like as much luxury? I could easily have spent £1000-2000 more on a later model that wouldn't have given me any appreciable advantages for the extra money. These cars are amazing, and worth spending a reasonable amount on, I reckon.

A couple of years ago we drove from Sussex to Lands End in my LS and we averaged 30MPG. Another time we took my wife's 1.4 Corsa auto and I don't think fuel economy was any better, certainly there was a lot less room!!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links