Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Best Tyres For Quietness

As the title realy, the rears are due to be changed soon, which are dunlop sp sport max, so just want to get peoples opinions on the best ones to get. I have bridgestones on the front which have a fair bit of tread but i cant wait to get them off, they are realy loud and firm.

I have been looking around and Falken ZE912 and michelin primacy seem ok, the later is a bit costly though

Realy, what size are yors though col, as mine are 245,45,17 and 225,45,17, i think, so will be a bit loud i know. Whats the nitrogen for, does it just mean you dont have to pump them up as often, im sure i read that somewhere?.

As the title realy, the rears are due to be changed soon, which are dunlop sp sport max, so just want to get peoples opinions on the best ones to get. I have bridgestones on the front which have a fair bit of tread but i cant wait to get them off, they are realy loud and firm.

I have been looking around and Falken ZE912 and michelin primacy seem ok, the later is a bit costly though

I had Toyo T1-R's on mine and they were much quieter than the Bridgestone Potenza's.

Realy, what size are yors though col, as mine are 245,45,17 and 225,45,17, i think, so will be a bit loud i know. Whats the nitrogen for, does it just mean you dont have to pump them up as often, im sure i read that somewhere?.

Mine are Bridgestone Turanza ER300 , 255/55R16. HAve them filled with nitrogen as it is less dense than air and doesn't lose pressure as quickly as air does. I'm told that this is also good for improving fuel consumption, although I have no clue why??? Tango is right about Toyo's, they are great tyres and I have them on my Wife's car, but they tens to wear quicker as they are made of a softer rubber compound.

Col <[;o)

Mine are Bridgestone Turanza ER300 , 255/55R16. HAve them filled with nitrogen as it is less dense than air and doesn't lose pressure as quickly as air does. I'm told that this is also good for improving fuel consumption, although I have no clue why??? Tango is right about Toyo's, they are great tyres and I have them on my Wife's car, but they tens to wear quicker as they are made of a softer rubber compound.

Col <[;o)

Yes, Toyos tend to wear quicker but they are great tyres

Col <[;o)

Yes, Toyos tend to wear quicker but they are great tyres

I have cheap nexen n8000 tyres and they have no noticeable noise difference compared to the bridgestones I had earlier, may actually quiter now that i think of it

I had Toyo T1-R's on mine and they were much quieter than the Bridgestone Potenza's.

I have TOYO T1R fitted about 18 months ago, they are brill quite smooth holds the road great in wet or dry and this winter drove thru a good 6" snow and never got stock, " HIGHLY RECOMMEND"

• 2 months later...

I recommend the Falken FK452. Pretty good grip, comfort and low noise. Now, depends what you need. If you want cheap, then you live cheap.

I recommend the Falken FK452. Pretty good grip, comfort and low noise. Now, depends what you need. If you want cheap, then you live cheap.

just been through getting tyres, got a couple of friends who own their own garages/tyre centre's and as your all aware of . the prices are varied, for example-can purchace on line made in china @£45 upto bridgestone re 005a for £ 150, it really depends what you want -plenty of grip, but are soft and will wear quickly. hard wearing and noise trying to find a happy medium seems to be a bit of a task, i to inquired about Falken's 452's and 922 new pattern But apparently Falken's are now thought of as just above BUGET tyres, as the tyre structure moves around and causes uneven wear.even dunlop @£160 arn't rated. i've gone for Goodyear- grip/ fairly quiet/and wears quite well @ £125 each [rear] £100 [front]

Hi all. Back from a long quiet spell and find a topical subject. Tyres are personal preference and experience, but here is mine.

I am about to change my Falken 452's after c. 14k miles. I would not recommend them as they have worn quicker than Bridgestones originally fitted (changed at c. 16k but with over 2mm still) and they have worn unevenly. More importantly, I noticed a dip in fuel consumption immediately after fitting. My calculation suggests extra fuel used could have cost me over £100.

Hence looking at Bridgestones again. On line price for 205/55/16 Turanzas varies somewhat but best price found is £78, with a local garage fitting. I paid nearly £70 for the Falkens.

Falkens were quiet and car handled well, but I do not recall the car being any different with the Bridgestones.

Interested in other views before I commit.

Cheers

I agree the Falkens are good value. Hope they go well for you. The 912's may be different to the 452.

Cheers

Hi sorry but dont think much of Falkens had the 452 on the rear of my IS,have since changed them for goodyear f1s asy which are definitely alot better than the falkens.

I noticed a big improvement in my previous IS250 when I replaced the old Bridgestone Potenzas with ... new Bridgestone potenzas. Much smoother and quieter. Can't say how well they wore because a few months later two cars collided in front of me and my Is was totalled when one of them spun off and smashed into my front end.

My current IS came with Pirellis on they front and they seem pretty quiet but there is no rim protection against kerbing and they are wearing fairly fast, albeit quite evenly. Can't criticise the grip or handling but then I don't drive it like a racing car so never really test their limits or indeed the car's.

Alright, i decided on Toyo T1-R. Ordered in Germany brand new for euro 484 plus shipping. Equivalent of £431. Regular size 225/45/17 on front wheel and 245/45/17 on rear. I think is a pretty good deal, thinking of price/quality. Soon as i fitted on i will let you know my review. ;)

Adi

Alright, i decided on Toyo T1-R. Ordered in Germany brand new for euro 484 plus shipping. Equivalent of £431. Regular size 225/45/17 on front wheel and 245/45/17 on rear. I think is a pretty good deal, thinking of price/quality. Soon as i fitted on i will let you know my review. ;)

Adi

Apologies if you get disappointed... but that sounds like a lot to me £431 + shipping + fitting ... I got all four of them fitted for £410 at the bracknell tyres

Yes, i totally agree in the UK i can get better price, but i am living in a country where second hand market is much stronger than brand new on tires business. Here these tires brand new are GBP 550 without fitting. Yesterday i was checking the second hand tire shop and for Pirelli P-Zero Rosso or Continental Sport Contact 2 price was GBP 300. DOT was 2007-2008. So, i preferred brand new instead. Not to mention that VAT here is 24%.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links