Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speed Camera Deterant Spray

Steve

Hmmm!- Is the LOC condoning the use of devises to trick speed cameras so that they can illegally break the speed limit? Aren't the cameras there for a purpose? Isn't speed the main cause of road fatalities?

A new camera in Telford caught 900 speeders (35 in a 30 zone) in the first 3 weeks. Then someone took a chainsaw to it, perhaps he wanted to see more people killed on that bit of road. :blush:

I am not condoning it.. i was going to use it for the purpose of club meets so my plate would not show up on people cameras :winky: :unsure:

I can fully understand cameras by schools or blackspots

Education isn't a crime. Knowing how to bypass a system isn't breaking the law.

I'm certain the club and the all of it's members understand the consequences of speeding and no-one condones it. I think the major issue is the difference between speeding and breaking the speed limit.

Just to contradict myself, the way the law is in this country we are actually guilty of 'conspiring' already.

£110.00 (EXCLUDING VAT and deivery)  :ohmy:

I bought a single plate for my bike for £30, & they were selling sets of two for cars, for £50.

A new camera in Telford caught 900 speeders (35 in a 30 zone) in the first 3 weeks. Then someone took a chainsaw to it, perhaps he wanted to see more people killed on that bit of road. 

Likewise, a new camera was installed somewhere round these parts, with a sign being added shortly afterward about the hundreds of speeders caught in the first few weeks. Some wag added a second sign "...and ZERO burglars caught"

I was lead to believe that the total reflective reg plates although reflecting the light from a flash still have black numbers letter underneath (obviously) and that these numbers/letters being black will absorb some of the flash light.

Therefore with the software the police use they can actually brighten the dark letters and produce a negative image which shows your registration.

You then not only get done for speeding but also for trying to mask your registration :winky:

As someone who got done last week for speeding buy a patrol :blink: i can say i am gutted i left my Speed trap detector in the other car :sad:

in germany where we have front facing speed cameras, the trick is to place a cd disc behind either the grill or the rear view mirror, as this is highly reflective, when the IR light hits it, it whites out the picture............

and it works :winky:

UKPULSE - Have you tried these yet, my concern would be that they rely upon reflection from a flash. On the road in daylight at the distance and angle the Gatso's are, there may not be enough flash to fully block out the Black, easily being recoverable with something like Photoshop,

I'm not saying try speeding past a camera :iraqi-info-minister: but set them at differing angles and distances and use a digital camera on them and let us know :)

Edited by rusty

I know rodders_uk has a origin blue and supposed to be really good.

I myself am looking to get one as mnay people recommened Gatso warning systems

I think they also work off GPS

yeah the Origin Blue is a GPS locator.

I've heard very good things about the Road Angel too.

I know someone at Origin pretty well - if you're thinking about a group buy let me know and I'll call him

I've just purchased a Road Angel unit, so far I've been very impressed.

The problem with a group buy on these is that no-one can ever agree on which brand to get as there are several available all of which have their pro's and con's.

UKPULSE - Have you tried these yet, my concern would be that they rely upon reflection from a flash. On the road in daylight at the distance and angle the Gatso's are, there may not be enough flash to fully block out the Black, easily being recoverable with something like Photoshop,

I'm not saying try speeding past a camera :iraqi-info-minister: but set them at differing angles and distances and use a digital camera on them and let us know :)

Buying a digital camera this week, so will take a few shots from various angles etc., & will post results.

Since fitting the plate, have been stopped twice for routine checks (all part of riding a motorbike in the UK I'm afraid). Bike has been scrutinized, but the plate didn't draw any attention :shifty:

Ants944 is correct.

I've seen this negative effect added to a bike plate following a blanked-out flash going through a GATSO camera. Took about 2 seconds to identify the number.

Technically there would be an offence of 'obstructing police in the execution of their duty', but this particular geezer was just potted for speeding.

Don't think I would take the risk of trying these plates out myself, then again I'm not into bungie-jumping or freefall-parachuting. I'll leave this one with you...........

re: Parachouting....

maybe in poor taste in light of the chap recently murdered by someing chopping the ropes of BOTH his 'chutes before letting him happily jump out of a plane at 13,000 feet...

Just didn't want anyone thinking we were an insensitve lot...

Loz

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links