Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Open

RayKhan

On my GS and I think on some of the other models holding the unlock button down opens the windows and moonroof.

Is it the same on the SC and does it open the roof as well?

Hoping to get one soon and need to check if these features work. I have looked at one but the key was a bit melted and it so not sure if it is a key issue or that the SC doesn't do it.

Any other things you think I should be checking?

• 3 weeks later...

you can get a divice that will allow the roof to go up/down on seperate unit

but not on the key

If you do hold the unlock button down the 2 door windows open

• 3 weeks later...

If you fit the luxlink which I have you can open/close the roof and remote start the car with the OEM key. No other key or gadget required works of the normal key. The cool trick you can do is walk away from the car and it will close the roof with the radio playing then shutdown and lock the car. Gets a few looks :)

If you fit the luxlink which I have you can open/close the roof and remote start the car with the OEM key. No other key or gadget required works of the normal key. The cool trick you can do is walk away from the car and it will close the roof with the radio playing then shutdown and lock the car. Gets a few looks :)

That is seriously cool! :D

• 9 months later...

Since Luxlink opens the roof I'm guessing it would not be very effective on an IS :) Would probably do the autostart, but would be an expensive way of doing it.

I no this could be a silly question but here goes, will this work in a 2000yr is200? Or is there anything that would?

Cheers.

Lewis.

The IS doesn't have the auto open/closure feature as standard. Do a search within the IS forum for auto closure, there have been many discussions/projects in the past.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links