Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Power Fold Mirrors

TigerFish

Does anyone know if the mk2 GS series ever came with power fold mirrors? The mk1's never had them as a uk model, but the JDM market got them. I therefore bought a set of JDM ones for my mk1. I can't seem to find any trace of such a feature on the mk2's though, in any market. Seems so odd that the IS has always had them, yet it's bigger brother wasnt worthy.

Does anyone know if the mk2 GS series ever came with power fold mirrors? The mk1's never had them as a uk model, but the JDM market got them. I therefore bought a set of JDM ones for my mk1. I can't seem to find any trace of such a feature on the mk2's though, in any market. Seems so odd that the IS has always had them, yet it's bigger brother wasnt worthy.

Just had a look at the Jap version of my EPC and under switches for Aristo they list a mirror power fold bulb and complete switch unit ;)

Andy

The JDM spec models have folding mirrors and a lot more besides. I would assume that the wiring loom is present even on models not originally fitted with them so retrofitting should be fairly straightforward once you have the required parts to convert.

Strange. Seems odd that I can't find any trace of parts for power folding on the mk2's second hand. An abundnace of them for mk1 and mk3 cars. I'll keep looking.

Andy,

Do they list power fold mirrors too, or just the switch?

Steve,

where did you get info from that the JDM Market has them?

Strange. Seems odd that I can't find any trace of parts for power folding on the mk2's second hand. An abundnace of them for mk1 and mk3 cars. I'll keep looking.

Andy,

Steve,

Sorry to mislead you, I was refering in general to JDM models from the fact my 1994 Celsior has them not specifically the MkII GS300.

Andy,

Steve,

Hi Rick,

as most of the EPC is in Japanese it is difficult to make any distinction but judging from the part numbers I think its a good bet that all aristos have power fold mirrors.

Andy

Andy,

Steve,

Sorry to mislead you, I was refering in general to JDM models from the fact my 1994 Celsior has them not specifically the MkII GS300.

Ah ok, fair enough.

Andy,

Steve,

Hi Rick,

as most of the EPC is in Japanese it is difficult to make any distinction but judging from the part numbers I think its a good bet that all aristos have power fold mirrors.

Andy

Ok, thanks Andy.

Well, after more googling, I came across a thread on ClubLexus about jzs161 power fold mirrors. As I've found, that thread also mentions how rare they are to find and get a hold of. I wonder why they are so rare compared to jzs147's and later 190's :unsure:

• 1 year later...

Hi there guys, I was wondering what was the end result for the power folding mirrors for the gs300 mk2, as I just started looking into them for my ride keep haven't to replace mirrors because of Silly drivers and buses,

Any update in we're I can buy them from.

Thanks.

Sorry to ask a dum question, what is fleabay?

So there isn't a official places were I can buy them from then :(

fleabay = eBay

Lexus won't do them, but you may be able to order through Toyota (for the Aristo rather than GS300). However, expect to pay more than the car is worth for the full factory setup from the main dealers. There will be the powerfold mirrors, switch unit, mirror ecu and any associated wiring. You could buy an awful lot of after market mirror glasses before you came anywhere close to the expense of new powerfolds. Let us know the cost if you can get the prices from Toyota, would be fun to know how much it would be.

Lol, in last year I have replaced my mirrors about 3 times, and the shell about 2! It's so bloody annoying and costing me for nothing.

I will keep an eye out on eBay for aristo mirrors, and might give lexus a ring to c how much it would cost just for a laugh.

Thanks if u do hear anything new pls do let me no.

Thank you.

I think after the first couple of times, I'd have started folding them manually by now.... lol. Good luck with the search, none on eBay at the moment.

p.s. you need to look on eBay.com (united states) and not eBay.co.uk, never seen them on the UK site.

Don't know if this guy can help you..... MichaelR@ashpoint.com.au

He does the kit to make the 220/250 mirrors power fold with lock/unlock of car. He is in Australia. Might be worth a email.

The problem is the IS has power fold mirrors already (with a switch), and I believe the guy above does the electricary to hook into the alarm (like Geoffers used to do on the old IS). The gen2 GS doesn't have the motorised fold, so without swapping out for powerfold mirrors in the first place, which are very rare, there's nowt to hook into the alarm. I don't really get why they never had them, but even the gen1 GS only got them in JDM market (no idea on the Gen3's).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links