Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Economy Of Is200 Auto

Hi Guys Good site! ,just purchased 2000 is200se auto one week. High miles with flsh 90000 is this a problem ? Very happy with the car after passing over many BMWs to fall in love with beauty :hehe: . Anyway am a little disapointed :unsure: with it returning only 24 mpg is this normal for an auto with air con in use (driven very sensibly).If not any sugestions about improving this situation :question: ? Like the blue calipars, i think mine might wear this trim soon!

Thanks Gary C :

Hi Garry,

Welcome to the club. I think the 24 you are getting depends on the driving conditions. are you around town in low gears mostly? try taking it out on a long run on the open road and see what it gives then.

The IS has been critisised for being thirsty compared to other cars in the catagory. But I thought that 25-28 was more typical.

Have you checked the service history? it might be needing new plugs, filters and oil? they could account for as much as a 20% reduction in performance and economy. worth checking out.

Also, could be kn@ckered HT leads.

Loz :zee:

I was getting around 25mpg from an IS200 SE Auto last year, & that was with the a/c on most of the time, so I think 24-25 is about normal. Switching off the a/c gave up to 2mpg more.

Yes the A/C does make a difference to the MPG.

I get 27-28 with it off and that includes motorway driving in the rush hour. With the A/C on the MPG will go down to about 24-25, so your car is about normal.

Thats the price you pay for perfection.

:D :D

Mat,

How much punishment will the coil packs take before they begin to break down?

Loz

Is my GS the same? Never heard of them before. does that mean there is no lead on the top of my plugs then? sounds even cooler than the airfilter on the IS that Mat showed me last week.

Ps. scary to read that the GS 300 is more economical than the IS 200 auto....

ive not heard of the coil packs failing on either the GS or IS yet.

basically its an small coil attatched directly to the top of each spark plug.

they are linked by wires which are the power, pulse and earth

ive not heard of the coil packs failing on either the GS or IS yet.

basically its an small coil attatched directly to the top of each spark plug.

they are linked by wires which are the power, pulse and earth

does that have anything to do with why the spark plugs are so expensive?

:whistling:

I was getting around 25mpg from an IS200 SE Auto last year, & that was with the a/c on most of the time, so I think 24-25 is about normal. Switching off the a/c gave up to 2mpg more.

My lead boots enabled an astonishing 21mpg recently.

(Is200 SE Auto). That power button thing just doesn’t help at all!

Ps. What exactly does the power button do?

I notice no dramatic change, yet feel compelled to press it.

Try using Shell's Optimax fuel. That also makes a difference

thought i saw an earlier post telling us not to use that, and also it costs even more!

thats about right, i get about 300 miles to each tank (off 65 of the available 70 litres)

isnt that less than 24mpg? :blink:

• 4 years later...
Hi Guys Good site! ,just purchased 2000 is200se auto one week. High miles with flsh 90000 is this a problem ? Very happy with the car after passing over many BMWs to fall in love with beauty :hehe: . Anyway am a little disapointed :unsure: with it returning only 24 mpg is this normal for an auto with air con in use (driven very sensibly).If not any sugestions about improving this situation :question: ? Like the blue calipars, i think mine might wear this trim soon!

Thanks Gary C :

ive got is200 sport ( man ) i get about 310-320 to a £50-£60 tank (depends on fuel prices ) thats running on 95 ron...( didnt notice much difference running on 98 or 99 ron ) in miles or performance...i dno if thats good miles or not plus i always try and fill up when the petrol warning light comes on...

I have only had my IS200 Auto long enough to fill the tank twice. Here's what I've found so far:

1. When the fuel gauge reads empty there is about 5 litres remaining.

2. Driving in rush hour traffic from my house to my son's school and on to work results in about 20 mpg.

I think that my Dad's BMW 320 Auto which also has a 2 litre 6 cylinder engine returns about the same. I knew that the economy was not going to be great when I bought the car. I was hoping it would be a little better than it has been. I am working on the theory that the reliability will compensate for the fuel consumption. i.e. a couple of garage repair bills would more than eat up any fuel saving on a more fuel efficient vehicle.

I only do about 6000 miles a year so hopefully my theory will be OK. If I was doing higher mileage I would have gone for one of the VW/Audi TDi models and would have hoped for 40+ mpg.

I've had my IS200SE auto since August. I was pre-warned that she gets a bit thirsty when drivin in traffic, but when on the motorway it justs coasts along. I took a trip to the granparents last weekend and managed to average 35-40mpg dependant on traffic speed.

All i can say is i'd rather have a very reliable/slightly juicy IS200 than the market equivalent & i'm glad i got my Lexi :D

Things don't seem to be that different for an IS300 (auto) if you don't go bonkers! I've only had mine for a few weeks but already done 1500 miles - and still smiling B)

So far I'm averaging 26mpg on the work run - 11 miles on single A-roads and 40-60mph, and around town. Did manage 34mpg over Christmas on a long run - motorway at steady 75mph which I was really pleased with. The last tank went a bit faster though - just having too much fun so I don't care. Loving it.

I get approx 200 miles from a full tank which is terrible, however its not got the full lexus service history it once did. I do not to work out the fuel anymore, as i decided it would be more entertaining to pitch fork large sums of cash into a giant hole then set it on fire using some of the precious 1GBP per litre liquid.

If found i get about 350 miles per tank but i am luck in that most of that is motorway driving so i can set the cruise control and enjoy the ride! Should try it without the air con to really try and make a difference!

Hey at the end of the day the lexus is a luxury car so wants to be pampered with large helpings of petrol!!! lol......except i htink my wallet would beg to differ!!! lol........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links