Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Baby(s) Arrives Next Week, Help With Colour

Hi there,

I am a Lexus newbie......

My 2 babies arrive soon, baby 1 expected this Friday at maternity hospital and baby 2 next Tuesday.

The wife and I have tested nearly everything (X5, ML, Touareg etc) and the Lexus came out on top. The only "problem" is we have never seen a car in the colour we have picked.

Does anybody own a persian quartz rx 300 and would they be willing to post a picture in the gallery?

Cheers

Hi there,

I am a Lexus newbie......

My 2 babies arrive soon, baby 1 expected this Friday at maternity hospital and baby 2 next Tuesday.

The wife and I have tested nearly everything (X5, ML, Touareg etc) and the Lexus came out on top. The only "problem" is we have never seen a car in the colour we have picked.

Does anybody own a persian quartz rx 300 and would they be willing to post a picture in the gallery?

Cheers

Hi there,

I am looking to buy an RX300 SE-L and am having trouble getting a good deal from ANY dealer. If you don't mind me asking... Did you manage to get anything off list?

Javaboss,

we bought from Lexus Glasgow which is owned by a very big company in Scotland with multiple dealerships.

We are trading the wife's VW golf 2.0 3 dr GTi and I managed to achieve a very good trade in according to Glass' guide. That was after a ridiculously low initial bid from VW dealer. The group who own Lexus Glasgow also have several other VW garages and whilst they did not officially discount the RX they offered more in trade in than BMW against X5, VW against Touareg, and Merc against crappy ML. I was planning on selling the golf private but would probbaly achieve £300 more than the trade in eventually offered and could not be bothered with the hassle.

I asked for some additional tangible benefits like mats, flowers for wife, chocolates, key rings, 2 golf umbrellas and baseball caps which will all be in the boot next Tuesday when I collect. The trick was to go into the garage at 4 o'clock on the last staurday of the month, telling them I had £33k burning a hole in my pocket and it was between an RX or Touareg. If they need to hit the targets you can expect some elasticity.

I have contacts in the trade who advised that Lexus would not be discounting the Rx as the cars are selling themselves. The best ploy would be to get the trade in higher than anywhere ( I spent 4 hours valeting the wife's golf) and we got an offer of £1000 more than the BMW dealer and £700 up on Lexus first offer. I tried Lexus Aberdeen and Edinburgh and whilst we were dealing on the phone all I got from them was bring your Golf round as we cannot value on the phone although your deal seems very generous blah blah. Aberdeen is 180 miles away and edinburgh 50!!

I imagine if you are trading another relatively new Lexus they will all try and take the ***** a bit with the bid. I don't know what the private market is like?

So in summary, no official discount but I am happy with the deal offered. We are putting down a hefty deposit and I have got the Finance at 3.6% flat. I had a quote from Mann Island in my hand and Lexus claimed they could only go nto 3.75% flat.

Looking forward to collection and will post pics if people interested

Nice one. Sounds like you did really well.

My wife and I are undecided what to do at the moment. I've only been offered a crap 17k for my 3 month old IS 200 SE automatic that I want to trade in. We've sold my wife's 2 year old Vauxhall Corsa and want to move over to running just one car - the RX300 SE-L.

I've got £38k CASH burning a whole in my pocket, and no dealer wants my money! My IS listed at £23,400 with all the bits on it. I would sell it for £19.5k privately and perhaps take a bit less at a dealer if they threw in some goodies - but £17k is just taking the *****!

Post some piccies when you get your car and let me know what it's like! That way I might just stuff the money and go and buy one at list!

Otherwise, we'll probably wait until the end of October or February next year and see what we can get off an RX then. My IS isn't going to lose much more value in that time!

we bought from Lexus Glasgow which is owned by a very big company in Scotland with multiple dealerships.

That's where I got mine!

Absolutely brilliant service from them before the deal, and after. Glasgow will really look after you.

PS, and welcome to the club - another one from "Up North" - Now, a few more and we can have a Scottish meet! :D B)

Hey steviegrx300se!

Smashing car mate, welcome to you and the new little one to the club. (Your youngster of course!!) :winky:

Get them Piccy's up on here a.s.a.p.!!!

And you can post one's of the new RX too!! :lol:

Hey, I was born in Lanarkshire!!

P.S. I fixed your sig..

Two great choices there!!

RX - civilized, refined, relaxed, exclusive, quiet enjoyment

New baby - chaotic, exhausting, unpredictable and the best fun you will ever have!!!

You are 'lucky' (I say hard working) like us and have the best of both worlds with the 4x4 / sports combo. I have found going from my TT to RX makes the RX feel like the lap of luxury and the RX to TT is like stepping in to a Go Kart.

You are going to have a ball!

djanderso - you are right - time for a Scottish get together.

Hey, I was born in Lanarkshire!!

So was I :D Bellshill

Small world

Sorry, somewhat :offtopic: but in a nice, bonding sort of way :winky:

Lanarkshire!

You'll all be into the Buckfast then? :blink: :D :P :hehe:

What a friendly bunch on here!

John - your Rx looks great next to the TT. I'll post piccies of the three babies when the other new ones arrive. I liked the platinum ice version but the wife had the casting vote on the Lexus and the colour demo certainly looks nice on the lexus website.

I suppose the harder you work the luckier you become, especially when you take risks in IT & oil / gas world, we now employ 12.

Yes, I'm Lanarkshire born and bred but don't like the bucky, the monks toenails lie in the bottom.

Note sure what the APR worked out at but know that over three years for every pound I borrow I pay back a total of £1.108 which to a non money market man is cheapish money. APR must be somewhere around 6% I think. I'll check the paperwork next week.

Look out for the pictures of the weans.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links