Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Steering Pulling And Moving A Lot!

Hi Everyone, a bit of advice please

I have 2011 is250 f-sport. I bought 6 months old from lexus dealer. When i bought the car it had brand new p-zero's on the front. On my first long distance motorway drive i noticed the steering pulled to the left. Ever since its got worse and worse. Went to dealer who suggested i pay them £110 to check the tracking!!! No thank you!!!!! Got it checked at local ATS euromaster for nothing who said it was spot on. The tyres aren't unevenly worn and i check the preassures regularly.

It's got to the point now where any kind of camber on the road and i am literally fighting with the steering wheel. Also any bumps or uneven road surface and it's all over the place!!! I am going to take it back to dealer but he said that if the tracking is ok then there isn't much more they can do!!!

I would like to go bak with some kind of ammo if he tries to palm me off because to be honest, the car isn't a pleasure to drive!! Cheers for your help and suggestions!!!!

• Like 1

have it WIM'ed mate just had mine done today and no steering wobble or puling to one side on my way back home. cost £129 for geometry set and wheel balance and they will talk you through the issues and solution aswell.

http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/tyres-wheels-lexus.php

Tyres can make the car pull, even new ones. Swap them side-to-side so the pull is toward the road crown.

You can only do that if the tyres are designed to roll in either direction. The original poster should check their tyres first if they want to try this.

I had a similar problem once and getting the tracking fixed sorted it for me.

Having said that, there are some stretches of road that I use everyday that still cause my car to pull noticeably to the left. I just put that down to the road surface (camber, ruts, uneven fricition etc.) and live with it.

Im also having the same problem.....but my steering also feels very light, even a bump on the road and the steering wheel wobbles...steering rack issue maybe? i dont know...

but im defo getting tracking done, hopefully with WIM....

let us know how you get on

Im also having the same problem.....but my steering also feels very light, even a bump on the road and the steering wheel wobbles...steering rack issue maybe? i dont know...

but im defo getting tracking done, hopefully with WIM....

let us know how you get on

I can relate to what you are saying here. My car is 2007 220d with 66000 on the clock. My steering rack needs replacing because it is shot, lexus have quoted just over £3100 to sort it out! I'm thanking my lucky stars though that the car is under warranty.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've done 105k in my is250 and developed the left hand pull around 25k.

It had a steering rack change and has had the tracking checked three times between then and now....and it still does it.

Really weirdly though. When the wheels have been taken off for pad replacement or tyre changes, it's not as noticeable. Then it gradually gets worse. I appreciate that sounds like nonsense but trust me its true.

The dealer got fed up with me, and I got fed up with them. Hence why I still have the problem.

I've taken it to lots of places but I have never managed to resolve the problem.

• 2 years later...

Anyone found out what could be the cause ? Got new tires, wheel balanced and aligned, car is pulling to the left on uneven road and bumps. Was at Lexus Dealer, they didn't find anything wrong. Where else to look ?

If you are anywhere near the North East corner of the M25 I would definitely recommend a visit to WIM.

Get a full geometry assessment and adjustment done......the car will drive away feeling like a dream.

My old IS200 handled like it was on rails after I got it WIM'd.

I to have the left hand pull, but the last owner admitted waking the kurb + MOT has advisory for steering joint showing signs of wear so I will look at that before going to WIM. Maybe I will even to go to WIM to get a confirmed diagnosis. All that said, highly recommended.

I'd agree with the above comment.

There are quite a lot of places ( and growing every day....seemingly) that will do 4 wheel alignment.

Your tyre choice can also have an affect. That is, if what you are referring to is 'tramlining'.

My old Turanzas were awful for that.

I had some Pirelli PZero Rossos on mine, they were good until they got down to about 5mm and then they were shocking for tramlining even with 5mm left on them. When I eventually had 4 new Goodyear efficient grips fitted it completely sorted it, I just hope the Goodyears don't go off like the Pirellis did. I didn't bother getting my alignment checked as the tyre wear both front and back was very even, however the Pirellis had some slightly oval uneven wear which can't have helped. I would not buy Pirelli tyres again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links