Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After 11months Of Ownership

had my lex for nearly 11 months now and yesterday had my first stone chip (well looks like a stone chip anyways)

washed and polished it yesterday morning as had a wedding of some very close friends

no scratches or nothin wen i polished it

its all gravel where the greek community centre and church is in brum. wen i came out of church there was kids further up from my car playin under the motorway bridge they was throwin stones at some girls on the field further down so dnt know if they threw one at the car. or maybe jus drivin threw the gravel.

drives to st johns hall in solihull and notice a nice chip and dent on the passenger door and its gone through the paint and is white now.

now the question- got the tin of touch up paint from lexus, how do i use it?? :whistling: :duh:

oh the bright side of things- had the car nearly 11 months and never had bird ***** on it :P :P

If the stone chip isn't too big you might get away with just t-cutting!!

T-Cut is basically a paint-thinner, and you put a little bit (and I mean a little bit!!!) on a cloth and move in circular motions around the chip. Basically what happens is the paint thins and merges/paints across the chip hole [as long as the chip hole isn't too deep/big!].

Not too pleasant to do on a metallic finish though.

If you got some paint from your Lexus dealer why didn't you ask the bodyshop lads to touch-up your car for you? Would have taken them 2 mins!

its dented as well though

Just phone your Lexus dealer and ask how much it'd cost for the one hour job to push out your dent (assuming it can be done!), and touch-up the paintwork.

If you have fully-comp insurance then you'll only have a fifty quid excess, so claim the work on your insurance. That's what you pay it for! In fact, just claim for a whole new door so you don't have to worry about the after-effects of heating and beating a panel.

If you have fully-comp insurance then you'll only have a fifty quid excess, so claim the work on your insurance. That's what you pay it for! In fact, just claim for a whole new door so you don't have to worry about the after-effects of heating and beating a panel.

£50 i wished :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

And kiss your NCB goodbye...

I always protect my "No Claims Discount/Bonus" so my NCB would not be affected. I made the assumption that most people would protect their NCB's?

£50 I wished...

If people choose to pay a higher excess in return for a more favourable premuim then that's their personal choice. If you expect to make small claims, then having a hefty excess will certainly stop you doing so... which is something the insurance companies bank-on! "You takes yer pick" I suppose. I expect to make claims for defects / problems not covered by warranty... stone chips being the biggest culprit in my personal circumstances.

I always protect my "No Claims Discount/Bonus" so my NCB would not be affected. I made the assumption that most people would protect their NCB's?

Well, I would, except you need 4 years NCB to protect it...

If it's protected, then no prob's.. but if it's a high excess it may be cheaper to pay directly to a 'dentmaster' kinda guy..

Well, I would, except you need 4 years NCB to protect it...

If it's protected, then no prob's.. but if it's a high excess it may be cheaper to pay directly to a 'dentmaster' kinda guy..

i have protected ncb

but for a small repair it must be worth shelling out say up to £200

even when protected it isnt limitless, save it for the costly jobs

Halfords do a compound (about £3) that says it is for all paint types, so after building up the layers of touch up paint it could be used to blend/level the area.

Compound (i believe) is somewhat like T-cut, but i would think a little more abbrasive. (so be careful with it)

Also it would need a good waxing after.

Try Langka, the Blob Eliminator.

Basically, you put your Lexus paint on there and let it dry. It forms an unsightly blob. Then, you rub some Langka on there and it smoothes the blob away so it leaves an even finish. Apparently it does not affect cured paint, only the new touch up paint

I have just ordered some, but have not used it yet

Try Langka, the Blob Eliminator.

Basically, you put your Lexus paint on there and let it dry. It forms an unsightly blob. Then, you rub some Langka on there and it smoothes the blob away so it leaves an even finish. Apparently it does not affect cured paint, only the new touch up paint

Langka web site for Mitch ;)

I recognise that name now I see it.

I saw an infomercial on QVC about Langka, and it was pretty impressive.

(Wasn't watching QVC, I was channel hopping , honest.) :whistling:

If you try it out Mitch, let us know how you get on.

B.T.W. Mitch

on the bright side of things- had the car nearly 11 months and never had bird ***** on it

If a bird did **** on your car. Would you still go out with her? :lol:

B.T.W. Mitch
on the bright side of things- had the car nearly 11 months and never had bird ***** on it

If a bird did **** on your car. Would you still go out with her? :lol:

GRiM- an answer to ur question, no i wouldnt go out with her if she ***** on my car, my car is my priority

and i aint into them kind of kinky games anyways :lol::sick:

If you live in London, then take your car to Lexus Croydon. They do spot repair. I had a big groove in my rear bumper done for £90 inc Vat. The body shop quoted me £385 though. Saved some quid for pints

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links