Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Err3 And Then Some

The CD in my IS200 got the ERR3 problem so I rang the dealers, explained the problem and was told that it was covered under warranty and I should bring the car in so they could take out the old unit, send it off for refurbishment and when the new unit had arrived they would fit it. I told them this was not good enough as I was not going to drive around with a big hold in the middle of my dash and they would have to order one first and then do the remove/refit all at once. They said they would arrange delivery of a new unit and let me know when it was in. Two weeks later I range them and they said "Oh, sorry it's been here ages, we forgot to ring you, bring it in."

So I arranged to swap cars with t g/f so she could take it in to the dealers. They said it would take 1/2 an hour. An *hour and a half* (causing the g/f no end of problems with getting to a meeting) later they had 'finished'. By finished I mean they had fitted a 'new' unit, left filthy fingerprints all over the dash, inside of windscreen, Sat Nav etc. AND, and here's the icing on the cake, AND they had scratched the centre console in they ham-fisted momkey-boy mechanic efforts to get it out (I assume) and IT STILL DIDN'T WORK! 'New' unit gives an ERR3. I am absolutely fuming about this. I have spoken to them and they promised to ring me back. That was this morning. Nothing since then. And this isn't the first time they've cocked up. I'm seriously thinking of naming and shaming this bunch of incompetent a-holes who have completely ruined the image of Lexus customer care for me.

Sorry to hear about that Lard. Which dealership is it? Can you say? I had an err3 a couple of weeks ago. My dealer had a replacement in 2 days and changed it no problems.

If they don't sort it defo shame them. People don't complain enough in this country and put up with shoddy service.

Mines currently in getting a new Sat Nav screen, I've been getting a "yellowing" apparently caused by the wires cracking as the screen opens and closes. So you might have to keep an eye out for that happening as well.

I'm happy to name the idiots that did the same thing to mine, LEXUS SOUTHAMPTON.

Bloody useless! I even told him about the scratching and he said he would tape it all up and not to worry, though sometimes its unavoidable (yeah right)!

When I called him to say it was scratched, he said he doubted it!! The after several attempts he arranged for some chip people to come and respray the scratched bits. They did a wicked job - to be fair - had to order paint in from the US though!! My dash is the older style with coloured bands etc (grey/greeny/silvery colour!)

Was not chuffed though, kick up a stink - ITS NOT ON - really pees me off this does! :shutit: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

I rang them back and got the old 'warm and fuzzy' platitudes, an apology and a promise to fix everything. If they deliver what they say I will be a happy bunny, if not I'll be sharpening my most venomous quill and writing a review.

we would appreciate a review even if you car went in for a service

it is based on how you were treated every time your car was worked on and not just for when things go wrong.

Please a descriptive review... Members read these reviews for sure! Plus dealerships.

I've just thought why this (especially the scratched console) p*s me off so much: It's 'cos I need my car to be pristine for me to treat it right. As soon as little things start getting broken/messed up, I start thinking 'well, s*d it, it's only a banger.' I had this with my Mazda Xedos. They are a lovely car (not quite Lex standard), but as soon as some git put a dent in the back quarter with a shopping trolley, some other git knocked off the passenger side mirror etc. I started neglecting the old moo. In the end I had an 8-year-old 25,000 quid car that was worth 'nothing'. Screwed to buggery and neglected. I don't even allow anyone to leave junkin the door pockets now in the Lex 'cos I know that's the start of the slippery road. When the bl**dy dealer can't even respect my car,then I start getting uppity.

i know what u mean im on my 2nd unit with err3 its back in at the moment having the gearbox looked at , ive asked if i can have the newer model of radio fitted instead.

and they marked the dash, although in fairness they say they will change some other panels in the car, instead at my request (marks are worse on these) and check my air con FOC

:unsure:

See my thread from a few weeks back, within one week the Chester dealership sent one of the guys out with a replacement CD player ( think it was around the first week of July).

Did a great job..Chester team a credit to Lexus.

thats pretty much what Southampton did. Ordered the head unit, first off got wrong one though! Didn't realise until he got to basingstoke and opened box! Wouldn't mind but he rung to check which one I had too! He then re-ordered and came up and fixed it (and subsiquently scratched the dash!)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links