Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Where did you get it re gassed? Some places just try to regas systems which have a leak so the gas leaks out and the AC still does not blow cold

The air con not blowing cold tried to have it regassed but it's shown to be ok any ideas thanks

Ha ha that's a good one! I was out with the family on Tuesday and it was a really muggy day and i too thought that my aircon was shot. Said to the family that I must get it in to the workshop and have it checked out as it would only blow lukewarm air!! The seats were OK, they were blowing nice and cold so at least I had a comfy backside.

I had gone into the 'Climate Screen' a number of times whilst driving along but nothing I did would solve the problem.

Anyway, the upshot was, when i got home I had another look to see if I could see anything that I had missed, and yes, sure enough i had. Because the sun was shining very brightly, the detail of the screen wasn't particularly clear and, when I looked closely, the A/C button in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen was 'off' When you switch it on there is a yellow bar which appears above the letters A/C. I switched it on and all is now OK. Nice and cool when we went out again today.

I hope that you can solve your problem as easily as I did and that there is nothing more seriously wrong.

So your mate removed the old refridgerant weighed it to see what was in there, refilled with a nitrogen dye mix and checked for leaks and none were found then after removing the nitogen mix refilled the system with the correct amount of refridgerant/pag oil?

Did he then check if the compressor was engaging at the correct intervals?

Have you checked the pollen filter is in good condition?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links