Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hello Everybody

I'm thinking of buying a GS - grown tired of Mercs, good though the old ones are (replacing a W124 E280 - just can't fix it anymore)

The GS (just superceded shape) looks to be pretty well made - And the V8 (If I can find one) looks plenty fast... (don't care a bout economy - school runs only these days!)

There's a good buyers guide at Used Car Expert -

This car looks like the kind of thing I've got in mind... I'll avoid the hybrids as they just cost so much more.

http://www.usedcarex...k/buy/lexus/gs/

Essentially, I'm wondering which you guys would advise I buy - any tips and reccommendations and all that

Cheers and thanks

T

saw that GS460 weeks ago now that car is about as close as one can get to an ISF performance wise mpg is no different from my current IS3. GS460 is a BEAST and very rare alot of car and go for less that 20K aswell!!

saw that GS460 weeks ago now that car is about as close as one can get to an ISF performance wise mpg is no different from my current IS3. GS460 is a BEAST and very rare alot of car and go for less that 20K aswell!!

450h is quicker

the 450h is quicker by a couple of tenths of a second but give me the sound of that V8 plus bags of mid range torque over 450NM.. thing with the h models are the cost of batteries once they need replacing can cost an ARM and LEG but 460 is naturally aspirated engine muscle car !!

Lexus Swindon have a GS 460 for sale at the moment... £18995. Only 16 were ever sold in the UK.

Shades

So where did that figure come from?

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers all,

About 12 to 15k is the budget.

I'd love a 460 - proper beast - V8's still sound the best - truthfully the straight 6 in the Merc only gives 20 odd MPG at best so I'm kind of used to it...

Think it will probably be this kind of thing though,,,

http://www.usedcarexpert.co.uk/buy/lexus/gs/d-84936/id-7253888/

Anybody got one?

What should I check for?

Best

Tarling

Are you trading the Merc in against the Lexus or keeping/selling it privately?

If trading, and the budget is on top of the allowance, Swindon Lexus has a 460 for £19K, which I would be pushing hard for £17.5-18K.

They may use Manchester Lexus' 460 at £21K with same mileage as proof the car is already keenly priced, but they've no idea what Manchester spent on fixing any parts, etc to make it ready for selling.

They may be chancing their arm, or the area will accept that price point, or a very generous trade-in allowance given - 101 ways how that price was arrived at.

As for the V6 300, in SE-L spec, you'll not be (too) disappointed if that's what you end up opting for, but I would suggest you look for '08 facelift at that sort of money as well.

• 8 months later...

Chris is right this is a 450h but please ignore these profits of doom carping on about Battery failures, treated right it does not happen,mine is almost on 170,000 with no issues,more than most cars manage over the whole life. Makes me smile the people who warn about this never seem to own a hybrid vehicle, missing out on a super car because of a rumor!

• Like 1

Cocked that right up!

I always thought the hybrid system would be very reliable. Toyota have kind of bt the farm on it so I'd be surprised to see them mess it up. The 300's are very cheap in comparison though - as are the V8 cars -that's kind of my motivation...

Have you had any kind of issues at all with the batteries etc?

Best

T

Plus any small issues that have come up with the batteries
have been very quickly put right by Lexus with no expense to the owner.

The last thing Lexus want is problems with the batteries,
this will put people like your self off buying a hybrid car, even more so now
as the new IS300h and GS300h are in production.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links