Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

225/60R/15 Falken £50 Each Brand New ?

Anybody ever seen these before, anyone know anything about these people. I have read the two Neg/Neutral feedback.

4 brand new tyres for £200 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180949009113&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

Worth a punt ? what do you think?

Mike

Do you have 15" rims Mike? ;-)

I have just had an 18 hour day didnt read it properly, did I?

Falken are normally around £80/£100 a corner.

I'm going to bed ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Mike

Anybody ever seen these before, anyone know anything about these people. I have read the two Neg/Neutral feedback.

4 brand new tyres for £200 http://www.ebay.co.u...ME:B:SS:GB:1123

Worth a punt ? what do you think?

Mike

I had these fitted to my Rover 75 and had no problems with them whatsoever. This was about 18months ago so can't remember what I paid though.

isn't that about right for budget low end tyres?

Where do you get your tyre info from? Falken are certainly not budget low end tyres.

They are budget tyres. Premium quality tyre manufacturers bridgestone, Continental, goodyear, michelin

Falken fk452 / 912 etc are pretty much budget, various tyre tests do not favour them either, but thats not suprising

They are budget tyres. Premium quality tyre manufacturers bridgestone, continental, goodyear, michelin

Falken fk452 / 912 etc are pretty much budget, various tyre tests do not favour them either, but thats not suprising

I have used 452's on mk1 GS300 Sport and on my GS430 and they performed very well. Whilst they may not be "premium" they are not "low end budget" as you stated. They are classed in reviews as mid range.....as are Uniroyal, Avon and many others as this link shows.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/

I am reliably advised that the Falken brand is actually manufactured by DUNLOP and is a good direct replacement for the original Dunlops on the LS400.

Malc

I am reliably advised that the Falken brand is actually manufactured by DUNLOP and is a good direct replacement for the original Dunlops on the LS400.

Malc

Me thinks we have got hold of the wrong end of the thread in the same way I got the wrong end of the eBay listing by not reading the listing properly. I wrongly identified these as a tyre that would fit the LS and overlooked the fact they were 15's and no good for me, I am indebted to my learned colleague Pete abs66 for pointing that out.

Flakens by Dunlop (thanks to Malc for that piece of info) have been recommended on here many times by club members which is why I fitted them on my LS.

Pete abs66 is in fact correct that they aren't up there price wise with the Dunlops, Bridgestone, Continental, etc so by definition are a budget option but then Dale V is also correct as they are not as expensive as your Dunlops etc they are a budget alternative to the big names. Below them are the £50 a corner brigade which are a true budget tyre and wont last that long even if you do manage to find a set of 4 that are perfectly round and don't need wheel weights the size of a 10llb lump of lead to stop the steering wheel from breaking your wrists with the violent shaking.

So I deduce that everyone is correct. You don't get better than that.

I must get out a bit more.

Mike

Hiya

I had Falken ZE 912 95v, 225/55/16 tyres all round on my old P reg LS 400.

Cost £300 for them inc delivery.

Well happy with them, smooth ride, quiet and good traction in both wet and dry, would have took them to my newer LS 430 but they don'y fit

Chris

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links