Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys,

It’s been a year now since I’ve owed my IS 250 so I thought I would share some pictures of its progress thus far.

I searched far and wide for the perfect car, (had to be an SE-L MM, with the SR kit on) and I ended up paying a little over the odds for it, but oh well.

When I picked it up from the Lexus showroom:

media.jpg

Then just before colour change (4 days after purchase):

DSC018022.jpg

After colour change:

DSC01823.jpg

DSC01825.jpg

DSC01824.jpg

OLD.jpg?t=1345650009

And finally with new alloys and tints:

photo1.jpg?t=1345650067

Hard to show the colour in the pictures, it’s actually two tone pearl and depending on the sun it can show a hint of green, blue, purple and pink.

Next on this list is black roof (opinions on this would be great) and brake upgrade of some sorts.

Thanks Rim

Silly question, why didn't you just buy a white f-sport?

True, but a '10 plate white F Sport would probably have cost more than an '08 SE-L. Plus a respray and wheels plus the F Sport would be missing a few nice SE-L features, which is why I bought a 2011 SE-L and added the F sport front spoiler and rear OEM spoiler

Rim - your car looks very nice :)

• 1 month later...

Thanks F.A, you've got it spot on, I really wanted all the features of the Se-L over the F-sport, and when I bought it, an F sport was considerably more.

As I had to shell out about £1000 for the alloys I won’t be re-painting them, hence I’ll be keeping the roof as is, but if I do it would definitely be a gloss finish.

I'm based in north London which isn’t to far from Greenford, although I can’t say I remember being down there of late.

I chose the lightest tint that they had, but I would think that they are not legal (not tested), as the car comes from factory with a slight tint on it already.

Its not overly dark in real life, but it does look darker in the pictures.

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links