Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All

I am really interested to hear what mileage you currently have (or had) on your GS450H.

I would also appreciate any insights into costs of things like disks, pads, major srvice (plugs etc).

I am loving mine but the mileage is creeping up hence my questions.

Cheers

Brian

Hi Brian

Were the engine is concerned 250, 000 miles plus is easily obtainable, if the car is looked after properly. As for the hybrid system, who knows, the 450h has only been in production since 2006, but I have seen some for sale at this age with 120k, 130k miles on the clock and still going strong. I have only herds of a couple of Battery problems, both of witch have been heavily subsidised by Lexus.

The Toyota Prius has been around since 1997 and although I don’t tend to keep up much with this car I haven’t herd of any major hybrid problems.

Hi Brian

not sure what you mean you mileage is creeping up, how high? My 450 h has just passed 150,000 miles with no issues and no real faults, well the cruise control sometimes make a small mistake by thinking the car in lane two is a collission risk when we are in lane 3 so it alarms and brakes but I am ready for this.

Everything else works perfectly and the car still looks a million dollars,has been completly reliable,returns good fuel economy( average 35.2 over the last 130,000 since trip re set) and pulls strongly.

It has turned out to be the cheapest car I have ever used because no repair or time off road costs.Just put the 4th set of tyres on it and changed all the brake discs and pads for the 1st time at 135,000 but only because MOT station issued a caution notice the discs were worn but still performed well.

I buy a service contract from Lexus Milton Keynes who collect it from my home near Huntingdon and return it the same day serviced and beautifully cleaned, interest free and discount fo Gold members on LOC, superb service and not expensive.

I normally change my car after 3 years but have no plan to change the 450h yet as it is perfect and still makes me grin with the performance every day.

There may be cars with higher mileage than mine out there, would be interesting to hear?

Regards Tony

Thanks Wendle and Tony, I cant believe you managed to get 135,000 miles out of the brake discs - amazing.

Mine has 33000 miles and a lot of my driving is on the motorway but I average 29 to 30 combined.

Out of interest how much do you pay for the service plan?

Thanks

Brian

This year I bought 150,000,160,000 and 170,000 mile services for £881.18 plus VAT, I think 1 major and 2 inters? full service plan not Lexus Essential which I feel is very good value.

Apart from rear calipers and valve springs all done on the warranty this car has needed nothing (said touching wood!) not needed a Battery or even air con re gas, oh and door mirrors because they stopped dipping when reverse selected, I expected a re program but they changed both units.

These are good quality strong cars, ignore scare problems about the Battery pack, mine holds the Battery charge better than ever now, the only slight issue is the horrid noise on cold start up but its said to be quite normal and no worse with age.

Those brakes were the original pads as well as discs but I do use the tip tronic to slow the car as I hate black front wheels, this helps to keep the Battery charge up.

Hi Tony

Can i ask when the plan was purchased as i need to purchase one and would like a guage on costs.

Interesting point RE using tiptronic to slow down the car and charge the batterys.

Regards

Brian

Hi Brian

I contracted my service plan in July and she goes for 1st service tomorrow, they are not keen to work on the vehicle with just 1 monthly premium paid, sensible really given some folks attitude. Lexus Milton Keynes are a really good honest outfit, the 4 th Lexus outlet I tried but I have stayed with them for the last 3 years with no concerns. Suggest you ask for Paul Colby in aftercare, top bloke.Ask for Owners club discount, worked for me.

Hi Brian - I am just about to turn 130k miles on mine and also have a service plan at almost identical price as Tony covering 3 services. It is at lexus Edinburgh so no good to you. My car appears to be still on original rear disks although fronts have been done. Like Tony I think overall the car is cheap to run and get around 33-34mph on mixed motorway/city commute.

Cheers

Kev

• 2 weeks later...

HI,

My Gs450h is 2007 and currently only has 25,000 miles, the guy who owned it before me worked out of the country a lot hence very little miles when i got it :)

As for my MPG on the centre console it says 27 to 28 mpg on average, but i drive it in sport & hybrid power mode alot and dont really get to do many long runs or motorway driving as i live in N.Ireland.... when i bought the car in Southampton and drove it to stranraer in scotland to get the ferry back home it was motorway all the way and the best i got was 31 or 32 mpg mid you i was averaging 80 - 90 mph on the motorway...

Other than this i think the car is great, one issue i would have is that mine dosent have the aux port if you wanted to plug in your ipod... it seems to have came in the later models.

I don't think that consumption of 31-32mpg is bad if that's the speeds you were doing. And what you need an ipod input for when you get a tape deck... your right though it does come with the later models.

Nice low miles.. enjoy !

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Brian,

My 450h has done around 55k and seems fine, I had some initial concerns about unusual noises on start-up but this very helpful forum and it's members have put me at ease about that and I find the car hasn't missed a beat so far.

Getting around 30-33mpg overall in mixed driving.

PG

• 1 month later...

• 2 months later...

I really Struggle to get more than 30 out of mine usually around 27ish :glare: I work in reading and live in cheltenham, so when I decide to drive (instead of train journey when weathers cold/bad) its a 75mile trip each way, could be the hills perhaps, but I always expected a little more?

When I fill the tank the readout claims 337miles to next re-fill. What do you get?

I really Struggle to get more than 30 out of mine usually around 27ish :glare: I work in reading and live in cheltenham, so when I decide to drive (instead of train journey when weathers cold/bad) its a 75mile trip each way, could be the hills perhaps, but I always expected a little more?

When I fill the tank the readout claims 337miles to next re-fill. What do you get?

These cars are very sensitive to throttle in terms of mpg, I'm getting c35-36mpg on average now inc. motorway runs. I find if you drive with a view to letting the car coast on Battery as much as possible by anticipating traffic etc. it makes a significant difference to the economy. Best I have had is 42.5mpg on a gentle run.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links