Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

There are so many threads about problems i thought i would give some + ones about my new Lexus LS430.

Very seldom after starting do i need to apply the accelerator she just wafts along in 5th at 30mph on tick over, just tickle the accelerator now and again,

So super silent i often turn the stereo off and just listen to how silent she is.

I am so relaxed when i arrive i am almost asleep (not a good point )

Fuel economy is proving to be good

I found the secret menu on the sat nav screen, no faults shown.

every button works

took it back to the dealers and the boot struts are changed in 10 mins all fine now.

there's more than enough power and super smooth gear changes 40-80 was over in a flash

just 76500 on the clock and running better than any car i have had including Merc's

there's more but the good point out way the bad and sometimes on a forum you find concentrated bad points of faults which is the bread and butter of forums and helps me + other they are necessary and of great value, this post is to remind me of how good there are.

This is a helpful reminder to focus on the positives. I've only had my LS400 for a couple of weeks but can't imagine driving anything else. For someone that has had numerous cars including a Lotus, two Porsches and a BMW 530i over the last 5 years that's quite a weird position to be in. But these cars are that good. It would be very hard to go back to anything else.

People often target bad points, we all do it without thinking most of the time, don't matter whether it's cars, sport or whatever.

For me the Ls400 i sold and the current Ls430 have been without doubt the best cars i have owned, including the small jobs that need doing like strut failure etc.

I can't find any bad points with my own car, apart from it needs a good clean at the moment, some pesky bird aimed a good turd at me and scored a hit on the bonnet.

The beauty for me of this forum is the group share knowledge to find fixes for bad points.

Mine is without doubt the cheapest car to run I have ever owned, in 5 years I have had to fork out for 2 brake light bulbs,& 2 ball joints which I didn't really need.

I did debate for a year about changing it, in the end I couldn't bring myself round to see her go.

I have now decided to go for a 2004 ls430 in maybe a year or so & only if the right one comes along.

Had my LS400 for nearly two years I stll smile every time I drive it, I have just had a new exhust fitted due to the dreaded Y piece went to a place in Leeds that advertise on eBay £349 fitted stainless steel 10yr warranty they made a fantastic job very pleased and its still lovely and quite with just the hint of a burble on tickover

Steve.

I have mentioned this before but whilst changing of bulbs as been mentioned my last Mark 1 which was 22 years old this year never had a bulb renewed my local workshop could not believe it .I pointed out to them that it is not the quality of the bulbs it is the quality of the electrical system and its integrity.I have a classic mini variant as my knocking about motor and the electrics like all those classic cars are playing up every five minutes,I know times have moved on but there are still examples of modern cars that have awful electrical problems.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links