Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Fantastic New Way To Sell On Ebay, Just Ignore All Questions As They N

Fantastic New Way To Sell On eBay, Just Ignore all questions as those people never go onto buy

This is for item number 370671166718 LS 400 with very low miles.

Start at the bottom and work upwards

My latest reply to him.

This a new method of selling to me, let me get this straight despite all the info on eBay about if you want more information on any item you just ask, your method is to ignore all those as in your experience they don't buy any way.

So I assume when you go to buy anything you just turn up with the money, hand it over and without asking a single question you go away.

Its not a method I personally would use in buying or selling but perhaps this explains why the last person dropped out of the sale as your idea of "Very low miles" is different to everyone else just like your selling method.

Good luck with it if your method turns out to be successful let me know as I am always looking for new ways to sell things.

Oh yes I wont hold my breath.

Mike

ear abfabglass,

As. I have NEVER had a person who ask a question go on to buy ,Have a guess. but not to high G4ZYZ

- g4zyz

Reply in your email program or through My Messages s.gifbtnRespondNow.gif

Dear g4zyz,

So are you going to let on what the very low mileage is or do I just take a guess?

Mike

- abfabglass

Dear abfabglass,

Yes so do i Thanks

- g4zyz

Dear g4zyz,

So what are the low miles. I find this sort of thing time wasting.

The question is, and be honest, are you going to buy, or have you just proved his point?

Whether I buy or not is not the point. You don't know at that point who is going to buy. If it turned out the car had no more than a couple of thousand miles on it then you bet I would buy it. I would have the car cleaned up with some decent pictures and a proper description and sell it for a nice profit.

If you read what he puts in his description that some time waster who was the highest bidder didn't complete the sale but he doesn't mind wasting your time by having to send off questions to him of which he has no intention of answering.

If everybody took this guys attitude what a miserable bloody world it would be as I for one would never ever buy anything.

Mike

But, it is a two way street. He is probably being smart with you, why? If you look at the listing again properly, you will see your answer ;) FWIW, my guess on the mileage is 94,631. Still gonna buy?

I'm just pulling your leg btw about buying, although the mileage is there if you look properly :)

But, it is a two way street. He is probably being smart with you, why? If you look at the listing again properly, you will see your answer ;) FWIW, my guess on the mileage is 94,631. Still gonna buy?

I'm just pulling your leg btw about buying, although the mileage is there if you look properly :)

Go on then tell me where it is, I didnt realise you had to play "Wheres Wally" these days on eBay.

Mike

Go on then tell me where it is, I didnt realise you had to play "Wheres Wally" these days on eBay.

Mike

It is in the 5th pic.

In the end, you have backed up his point I suspect :hehe: even if it isn't a great selling tactic.

Mike

It is in the 5th pic.

In the end, you have backed up his point I suspect :hehe: even if it isn't a great selling tactic.

How on earth can you read that from that picture? Your eyes must be amazing.

As for backing his theory up there is only ever going to be one buyer and with little or no info there will always be more people asking questions that is what makes us superior beings within the ape world.

Mike

Yes it looks like 94,631, if you open the picture in a new window then zoom in you can make it out.

Open the picture in a new window ????????????????????????????????????

This is a new thing to me. I used to be able just to click on eBay pics but now I need to get my book out called Computing for idiots and find out how to do this.

Sometimes there's no fun in being old.

Mike

I'm a little unsure how Mike has backed up his point!

Its a dreadful advert and his response to questions seems very strange. Had I had a time waster as he suggests I would be attempting more detailed communication with possible buyers to try and eliminate cretins. Lets hope the car gets a good owner regardless and we see them on here soon then we can consider it another one rescued :-)

I'm a little unsure how Mike has backed up his point!

Its a dreadful advert and his response to questions seems very strange. Had I had a time waster as he suggests I would be attempting more detailed communication with possible buyers to try and eliminate cretins. Lets hope the car gets a good owner regardless and we see them on here soon then we can consider it another one rescued :-)

Tigerfish was only having a joke, simple leg pulling.

I have broad enough shoulders for it to land on and make no difference to me.

The thing that the LS seller is missing is that someone at the point in time who asks him a question may not be a serious buyer but his reply to that question may turn him into a serious buyer.

All the things I have ever sold on eBay over the years regardless of how I format the description have given rise to questions and I am only to happy to reply apart from the Nigerian millionaires that want to give me all his worldly goods, those I just delete.

I mainly sell guitars on eBay and each one is accompanied by a minimum of 35 pictures and several paragraphs of description, and not all in capitals or lower case.

It always brings better prices and as yet no Non Payers.

Its impossible for you to add everything into your description so that will always generate questions its also a prime opportunity to sell your item direct to a possible buyer.

That's it I am off me soap box.

I will be happy to answer all your questions written on a £50 note.

Mike

Fantastic New Way To Sell On Ebay, Just Ignore all questions as those people never go onto buy

This is for item number 370671166718 LS 400 with very low miles.

Start at the bottom and work upwards

My latest reply to him.

This a new method of selling to me, let me get this straight despite all the info on ebay about if you want more information on any item you just ask, your method is to ignore all those as in your experience they don't buy any way.

So I assume when you go to buy anything you just turn up with the money, hand it over and without asking a single question you go away.

Its not a method I personally would use in buying or selling but perhaps this explains why the last person dropped out of the sale as your idea of "Very low miles" is different to everyone else just like your selling method.

Good luck with it if your method turns out to be successful let me know as I am always looking for new ways to sell things.

Oh yes I wont hold my breath.

Mike

ear abfabglass,

As. I have NEVER had a person who ask a question go on to buy ,Have a guess. but not to high G4ZYZ

- g4zyz

Reply in your email program or through My Messages s.gifbtnRespondNow.gif

Dear g4zyz,

So are you going to let on what the very low mileage is or do I just take a guess?

Mike

- abfabglass

Dear abfabglass,

Yes so do i Thanks

- g4zyz

Dear g4zyz,

So what are the low miles. I find this sort of thing time wasting.

Update 24/10/2012

From the seller....

Hi yes i do find this weeds out all the time wasters and yes i do buy and do not ask stupid questions about something that is already answered in the advert abit in mine the miles,the other time waster came to look at it and then offered me a stupid price i just said to him you made a bid at the asking price now ***** thanks!! thats a time waster and suprise suprise their are lots about, hope this frank answer keeps you happy i do like to do my resurch ..lets face it you dont want the car anyway .G4zyz

My reply ............

Dear g4zyz,

I have looked and looked at your advert as you call it and I cannot find where you have put the mileage of the car.

As for buying your car no I wouldn't buy from you because of your rudeness.

Had you just given me the mileage in my first request for this info you would have saved yourself all these other emails and stress, raised your blood pressure and taken up stacks of time you try to avoid by being so rude to prospective customers.

Will we see you on Watchdog soon in the Rouge Traders section?

Mike

I would say he's got a novel approach to selling.

Just to be curious i asked if i could see a few more pics the full sides etc, also asked if there had been any water ingress to the boot, repaired accident damage etc. What are the wheels and tyres condition.

I think these are very sensible requests and most sellers cater for these in the adverts from the get go.

His reply was that the pictures are more than good enough to make my bid or buy it now.

I replied good luck on the possibility of selling the car as without this info i won't bid.

He replied.... your loss

says it really

Just to be curious i asked if i could see a few more pics the full sides etc, also asked if there had been any water ingress to the boot, repaired accident damage etc. What are the wheels and tyres condition.

I think these are very sensible requests and most sellers cater for these in the adverts from the get go.

His reply was that the pictures are more than good enough to make my bid or buy it now.

I replied good luck on the possibility of selling the car as without this info i won't bid.

He replied.... your loss

says it really

Lets hope he never becomes a member of this forum which thrives on questions and answers.

Mike

He replied.... your loss

says it really

Lets hope he never becomes a member of this forum which thrives on questions and answers.

Mike

Agreed, this forum is such a good place to be, friendly, helpful, full of advice and some funny comments to boot

Hi all got the wife to ask on ebay, she simply sent a message

hi Millage Please

his reply,,,,,,,, 83000 thanks <<<<< THAT'S EIGHTY THREE THOUSAND

MarkCould be a good find for the lad who is after a ls400 on this forum.

If this was the last Lexus in the world I wouldn't buy from him. There are plenty more out there.

Mike

I also sent a message asking for more pictures,mileage and service history.

I explained I already had 2 LS400s and was looking to add to these.

I got the reply saying he was away until the 31st of October.

Well at least he wasn't rude.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links