Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The car has had this since new (July), and it also seems to "miss" a section of cleaning on the downward swipe on the drivers side in two places - where the "U" is that holds the blade in place, and at the lowest edge of the wiper (in both cases by about 3 inches).

I replaced the OEM wiper blades with Retro Aero Flat blades, and whilst they seemed better, it only lasted a day or so. Now they too are showing an identical trait, so it seems it's more than the wiper blade.

The passenger side is perfect.

So the question is - does anyone know what to do? I've read some forums that mention twisted arms etc - but surely not on a brand new car!!??

Possibly some residue left on the windscreen, that the dealership have not removed completely before you picked the car up, or have you been in any automatic car washes?, ( hopefully not ) but the spray wax they use can sometimes cause a problem.

Try giving the windscreen a good clean, that may do it, if not I would take it back to Lexus, they should replace the wiper blades for free

As wendle said, clean you windscreen and blades with a can of coca cola. Will improve surface contact if that's what causing it.

diet coca cola or your car will get fat..lol

lol - I have given the car windscreen a good clean, and tried new wiper blades (at my cost - still used to BMW dealers always making the customer pay for EVERYTHING).

The car has NEVER been anywhere near an auto wash (or even an eastern european owned hand wash).

I even treated it with Rain-X to see if that would help - but it hasn't. I think a trip to the dealers is on the cards. Thankfully it's only a small problem!! It seems to me that the wiper arm is pressing the wiper down so hard, that the ends are splaying away from the glass!

I have the same problem albeit on the passenger side and my IS is 11 years old! Lol...

But still I tried OEM from Lexus, Halfords, Bosch and umpteen other makes. Been through 7 sets in 6 months! They all work brilliant for a day or two, in the case of the OEM ones a week! Then they start to judder and the passenger side doesn't clear on the down swipe! I've tried everything, windscreen cleaners, polishers the lot! Had them looked at to see if the arms were bent while I was at Lexus Bristol getting a new key and they said they were fine!

Can't fix it and I've given up! So if you find a solution please let us know.

All I want is for them to clear the windscreen as well as the wipers on my dads Alfa do!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links