Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

What's Your Mpg?

Shreksta

It's is possible. 600 miles on 70ltrs is 38 mpg.

Sum: 600miles divided by 70ltrs, then times that by 4.546 = 38 mpg.

Gbp gallon-4.546

Us gallon-3.75

I did 660miles on 69ltrs = 43.48mpg.

This is motorway only.

I use a lot of additives to keep fuel system clean and you can buy a product called zx1 which can go in engine, gearbox and rear diff.

It reduces friction which helps to improve mpg. It lasts for 25.000 miles. I put injector cleaner through every third tank full of fuel and cataclean every three months.

I only get these results by keeping it running clean I even have it de carbonated when I bought it.

You can de carbonise ur self but it takes a day or two. Clean all sensors, Egr valve, throttle body.

A garage can do it with a machine. Once this is done run the injector cleaner in one tank of fuel and then the cataclean afterwards.

I use wyns injector cleaner and I use the hydronic cable lifter every 3 months aswell.

Also you can flush engine out, oil side and water side. Two part flush for water side.

What injector cleaner do you use? And yeah I've heard of zx1 but never used it. And how do you go about de carbonising? If it means I can get 600 miles from a tank then I'm gonna have to give this a go....

if you want a good injector cleaner ect, use this i found a difference after.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BG44K-BG-44K-POWER-ENHANCER-PETROL-FUEL-INJECTOR-CLEANER-/350546195129?pt=UK_Vehicle_Oils_Lubricants_Fluids&hash=item519e2e72b9

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links