Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi guys

I dont know if you guys remember, but i needed the vsv replaced on my 2001 Ls430. Birningham Lexus dealers were going to charge me £651 parts and labour. So i called up Sheffield Lexus Dealers, they have quoted me £321 parts and labour. Looks like ill have to drive all the way to Sheffield then.

are you saying sheffield are ding exactly the same job using the same parts for alot less?? - is there an explanation for this large difference?? - I would of thought Lexus Dealers would be charging relatively the same

Birmingham.Lexus did say to me to try and call other Lexus dealers as they may be cheaper as every lexus dealers charge a different amount on labour prices, but The parts will be the same price.

I found the same with Lexus Swindon and Lexus Bristol but bizarrely the other way around. Bristol dealer is part of a massive Synter building and dealership so I assume that Lexus Bristol is Synter group.

Lexus Swindon is just next to a Renault dealership so I think they are not.

Cambelt at Lexus Swindon £370 parts and labour, Lexus Bristol £300 parts and labour. Aux belts Lexus Swindon £77 for all 3 parts and labour, Lexus Bristol £55 parts and labour! Strange isn't it?

So i think ill be going to Sheffield lexus from now on as Leicester Lexus dealers is part of the Sytner group so its going to be abit expensive on labour charges.. So i cant really save on fuel costs.

Shame they dont do "we'll beat any price" campaigns :)

Or even Buy One Get One Free! I'll take the LS600h.

yep it has been done by the americans - why cant the british here - we will buy more - they will sell more - everybody happy

i've found Nottingham to be cheaper than Sheffield and nicer.

Notts wanted £99 to do my service, when I asked Gary to come closer from £140 he just said no....small pause on the phone and I just said ok.

Spoke to them about the rust on my boot, again sounded like a dealer I don't want to deal with.

Ha! Look at the Sheffield area, there is nothing north and South, that dealer has a monopoly.

Compared to BMW who cover:

Sheffield

Doncaster

Wakefield

Leeds

Lincoln

If we take Lexus and Toyota, then it's ok.

Ha! Look at the Sheffield area, there is nothing north and South, that dealer has a monopoly.

Sheffield

Doncaster

Wakefield

Leeds

Lincoln

But Sheffield offered the cheapest service so even though they have 'monopoly' you're still best off there?

Not comparing it to BMW. The thing in my sig is in bits now but I haven't had the time to take a decent picture of the IS and make a new sig.... ;)

Sheffield

Doncaster

Wakefield

Leeds

Lincoln

But Sheffield offered the cheapest service so even though they have 'monopoly' you're still best off there?

Not comparing it to BMW. The thing in my sig is in bits now but I haven't had the time to take a decent picture of the IS and make a new sig.... ;)

Not when it was just a plain minor essential service. £99 vs £140....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links