Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus V Vauxhall Insignia?

The-Acre

Having had my Vauxhall Vectra estate that I use for work badly damaged recently, I was given a brand new Insignia today until the repairs are made. I think it's a great looking car, and I thought that being brand new I would easily prefer it over a 13 year old Lexus. Not a chance! If I was offered a swop (apart from the cost) there would be no competition. I know the Lexus cost far more when new, but you would think that putting it against up to date technology it may just fail here and there, but there really is absolutely no comparison. Good stuff eh? And guess which one I drove to get the takeaway curry this eve?

I do have a pet hate against Vauxhall (Opel), Ford and Audi. Don't ask me why... I just hate the things.

The Insignia is not bad looking but I'd say it's a typical Vauxhall inside.

Then again, most new cars are pretty awful! Misses's dad had two brand new Passats and they were poorly build IMO. Rattles and squeaks and lots of tackiness.

I have a 2011 Fiësta up for sale atm and tbh that is an awful thing even though it has 3000 miles on the clocks....

Had a vectra last year never again, before last winter it was spotless, spring came and it had rusted on wings round indicators, bottom of 2 doors and both rear wheel arches..vauxhall you can keep em.

Although........I do have to admit, I've had my Vectra for 6 years, and although a bit rough and ready it has been a good workhorse, especially with the length of the estate. Although I've spent far more in repairs than I did on my previous 19 year old Lexus! When I got home with the Insignia (apart from being disappointed at not finding any deodorant in the glove compartment) I had a back ache after just 5 miles. I got in the Lexus later and just relaxed into the leather armchair. Like I said, no comparison.

I hate Vauxhalls, sorry just do. I think their designed literally in an afternoon! Their so ugly!

I was offered by a work mate a 2.5 V6 Vectra for the same price as what I bought my Lex for. I gave it no consideration despite the fact it's quicker than my IS200 but looks nowhere near as good, is nowhere near as smooth and refined and had no extras such as my heated electric seats in my lex which I love. Not even A/C!

I hate Vauxhalls, sorry just do. I think their designed literally in an afternoon! Their so ugly!

I was offered by a work mate a 2.5 V6 Vectra for the same price as what I bought my Lex for. I gave it no consideration despite the fact it's quicker than my IS200 but looks nowhere near as good, is nowhere near as smooth and refined and had no extras such as my heated electric seats in my lex which I love. Not even A/C!

I suppose they're built for a certain market, and maybe I wasn't being fair comparing the two makes. On the positive side, when my Vectra does go wrong it is fairly cheap to repair, and as they're so common after market parts are easily available, but it can never come close to Lexus quality.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links