Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rear Camera Type? & Installation

With the bones not moving as well as they used to when I was a blonde Adonis the idea of installing a rear camera makes sense, so has anybody done this to a MK4 and if so what do you consider to be the best out there for the money?

Mike

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm with the older BMWs it involved wiring the camera into the TV AV module and also wiring it to the reverse light with the relay.

Therefore when the reverse light comes on the camera comes on.

Something like that, not sure if its the same with Lexus cars as do you screens have AV channels?

Hmmm with the older BMWs it involved wiring the camera into the TV AV module and also wiring it to the reverse light with the relay.

Therefore when the reverse light comes on the camera comes on.

Something like that, not sure if its the same with Lexus cars as do you screens have AV channels?

No it would have to have a separate screen I was looking at rear view mirror type or a screen that could be fitted to a sun visor so you just pull it down when needed.

Mike

With the bones not moving as well as they used to when I was a blonde Adonis the idea of installing a rear camera makes sense, so has anybody done this to a MK4 and if so what do you consider to be the best out there for the money?

Mike

That's something I've considered with my ageing bones, and I see you can buy the complete kit with colour monitor for £50. The problem is the monitors look a bit bulky so I'm not sure quite where it would go.

does anyone decent actually make them or all they all cheap chinese type?

You'll be lucky, the last British domestic appliance I saw had valves in it! :lol:

I still work in the trade but when you now see Bush, Goodmans,Hitachi etc they are all made in China.

Ah but even with the branded ones you will receive some minimum sort of quality with some warranty.

The other direct from cheap Chinese you will receive whatever with no come back.

Big difference between a Hitatchi made in China and a LingLong made in China!

does anyone decent actually make them or all they all cheap chinese type?

You'll be lucky, the last British domestic appliance I saw had valves in it! :lol:

I still work in the trade but when you now see Bush, Goodmans,Hitachi etc they are all made in China.

I couldn't believe this, we bought some Youngs frozen fish fillets last week, small print on the back "produced and packed in China" Don't we live on an island?

The reversing cameras on eBay are mostly supplied by UK companies so as Sam says at least they'll have a warranty.

Mind you, I bought something that said item location Bristol but it came from China!

Mike

That's something I've considered with my ageing bones, and I see you can buy the complete kit with colour monitor for £50. The problem is the monitors look a bit bulky so I'm not sure quite where it would go.

Large monitors, that's why I was going to go for the sun visor or rear view mirror the latter I would rather not as I love the dimming qualities of it. Its rare you get dazzled by some idiot talking on his phone rather than ensuring hid headlights should be on dip, and a wireless type.

As for Chinese made goods don't knock them as they are now producing quality goods and have done for some time.

By the way my snow button is useless the first thing I have found to carp about on my beautiful Lexus.

Mike.

Mike

Large monitors, that's why I was going to go for the sun visor or rear view mirror the latter I would rather not as I love the dimming qualities of it. Its rare you get dazzled by some idiot talking on his phone rather than ensuring hid headlights should be on dip, and a wireless type.

As for Chinese made goods don't knock them as they are now producing quality goods and have done for some time.

By the way my snow button is useless the first thing I have found to carp about on my beautiful Lexus.

Mike.

I agree, much Chinese stuff is fine. After all, they wouldn't be where they are now if they constantly produced rubbish. In fact a good friend of mine is made in China and there's nothing wrong with her!

Mike

Mike.

I agree, much Chinese stuff is fine. After all, they wouldn't be where they are now if they constantly produced rubbish. In fact a good friend of mine is made in China and there's nothing wrong with her!

Brilliant !!! You cant do better than that. Mike

And the fish fingers, well, we may be an island but due to EU regs probably can't actually catch the right fish that have fingers !! :whistling:

Malc

Well I know fish have fingers. I live 10 mins walk from the beach and I can tell you every time I've tried fishing its very clear how many fingers the fish have been showing me!

And the fish fingers, well, we may be an island but due to EU regs probably can't actually catch the right fish that have fingers !! :whistling:

Malc

Well I know fish have fingers. I live 10 mins walk from the beach and I can tell you every time I've tried fishing its very clear how many fingers the fish have been showing me!

Excellent! what a great bunch of comedy writers we have. Mike

Malc

Going back to the topic. I've been looking on youtube at reversing cameras being installed and it's really given me the push. The smaller screens look ok so I'm going to look over the weekend to see where I could put one. If I think there's space I think I'll get one ordered.

BTW. I once went to a blues gig in Hampshire so let me know if anything comes up.

Phil

Malc

Going back to the topic. I've been looking on youtube at reversing cameras being installed and it's really given me the push. The smaller screens look ok so I'm going to look over the weekend to see where I could put one. If I think there's space I think I'll get one ordered.

BTW. I once went to a blues gig in Hampshire so let me know if anything comes up.

Phil

Where did you go and who did you see. There isn't much of a decent blues scene going in Basingstoke at present, loads of pub type bands doing what Muddy once said " those white boys wanna play the Blues so badly and they are"

Let me know what you go for and how easy it was to install.

Mike.

Mike

Mike.

I take it back the snow button is great. I live on a slope and an adverse camber so driving becomes exciting in this sort of weather but I noticed that if you gently pulsed the throttle it seem to gain a few inches hold and then pulse the throttle again and a few more inches gained eventually the car had managed to get itself out of a deep section of mud and snow. Brilliant !! Mike.

Malc

Phil

Where did you go and who did you see. There isn't much of a decent blues scene going in Basingstoke at present, loads of pub type bands doing what Muddy once said " those white boys wanna play the Blues so badly and they are"

Mike.

I went to see Big Bill Morganfield who apparently is Muddy Waters son, he was brilliant, one of the best gigs I've ever been to. It was in a little venue in Havant, can't remember which one. I'll let you know which camera I get.

Phil

Malc

Phil

Mike.

I went to see Big Bill Morganfield who apparently is Muddy Waters son, he was brilliant, one of the best gigs I've ever been to. It was in a little venue in Havant, can't remember which one. I'll let you know which camera I get.

Phil

Yea thats right he is Muddys son, you can here it in his voice and phrasing. Muddy was one of the nicest guys ever to come out of the Blues he would never have a bad word to say about anyone. Mike

Malc

Phil

Mike.

Phil

Yea thats right he is Muddys son, you can here it in his voice and phrasing. Muddy was one of the nicest guys ever to come out of the Blues he would never have a bad word to say about anyone. Mike

Well he must have passed it on to his son. We spoke to him briefly afterwards, such a nice bloke.

WTF are you fellas on about?

I knew being 22 and getting an LS430 I was going to have to give up on my forum life and hang out with you old fogies :P. The BMW forums had way younger people in it that certainly weren't talking about what I can gather is some Blues stuff :D

Does anyone here know who Pendulum are out of sheer interest?!

WTF are you fellas on about?

I knew being 22 and getting an LS430 I was going to have to give up on my forum life and hang out with you old fogies :P. The BMW forums had way younger people in it that certainly weren't talking about what I can gather is some Blues stuff :D

Does anyone here know who Pendulum are out of sheer interest?! You get them in clocks dont you?

I feel very sorry for your generation that have been brought up on a diet of electronic rubbish produced by huge corporations who manage to brainwash you with programs like X Factor, Britains got no talent etc etc etc.

There is a whole world out there you have never experienced or even heard off and that is a real shame because your right to choice has been cynically taken away from you in order that you only spend money on what you are told is good by that diet of pure and unadulterated rubbish made by those corporations. Pete Waterman, Simon Cow hang your heads in shame.

Mike

I hate the xfactor, I hate Simon Cowells need to shove down our throats with what he thinks we want to hear.

I wasn't aware that Pendulum was part of this huge corporation.

A whole world out there? You're talking to someone who drove from Sheffield to Isfahan ( yes that is Iran) 7 months ago on a 2 months road trip in a 1998 Honda Shuttle..with previous expeditions to South Africa, China, America, Japan, Thailand various Euro Trips so no I'm not close minded.

I judge for myself what I think is good and worthy of having my money spent on thank you very much so you can tuck that knob away ;) :D

I hate the xfactor, I hate Simon Cowells need to shove down our throats with what he thinks we want to hear.

I wasn't aware that Pendulum was part of this huge corporation.

A whole world out there? You're talking to someone who drove from Sheffield to Isfahan ( yes that is Iran) 7 months ago on a 2 months road trip in a 1998 Honda Shuttle..with previous expeditions to South Africa, China, America, Japan, Thailand various Euro Trips so no I'm not close minded.

I judge for myself what I think is good and worthy of having my money spent on thank you very much so you can tuck that knob away ;) :D

Well then after all that traveling you know what the Blues are all about. I meant no offense but you were the one to call us old fogies which wasn't very nice, we don't like it when are children call us that. As for Pendulum not very original. Mike

Oh you took the old fogies seriously?

Rule number 1 on the internet, never take anything seriously, otherwise you will be more stressed out than a Picasso driver stuck in lane 3 behind an Audi which is stuck behind a Kia!

Also you don't really need to sign your name off after each post ya know!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links