Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just had a knock on the door from a neigbour telling me all my windows and the sunroof was open on my car and it is full of snow.

I just thanked my son for pushing the buttons yesterday afternoon.

Yes, its all been open all night...

I've scoopped out the snow and put towels down.

Will have to give the car a good run later with the heated seats on.

Hopefully, being cold it hasnt really melted in the car.

Kids!!

Sorry to hear that

I know it sounds bad but did you get any pics?

That function on the key fob is a pain, they should have an option to turn it off in the car not at the dealer.. seen so many cases and its happened to me many times as well as the key is in my pocket and all my windows wound down in the car 50 yards away in a public car park,...

Sorry to hear that

I know it sounds bad but did you get any pics?

That function on the key fob is a pain, they should have an option to turn it off in the car not at the dealer.. seen so many cases and its happened to me many times as well as the key is in my pocket and all my windows wound down in the car 50 yards away in a public car park,...

No pictures unfortunately as to be completely accurate it was my wife discovered it and sorted it out whilst I am at work. Even though it isnt funny it probably looked quite funny.

Im going to drive it tomorrow with heaters on full for an hour or so to dry out any remainding dampness.

hopefully all ok, wife went out in it earlier and said everything seemed to be working so just glad it was frozen and not thoring as it could have been very wet indeed.

If the carpets are really wet, than I think something like compressed air or a leaf blower should be helpful.

Can you get your hands on a small portable dehumidifier? I've got one that you could borrow with pleasure but unfortunately I live a bit too far away from you in 'Sunny' Devon.

Hope there's not too much damage.

Cheers chaps for the offer and advice.

Hopefully it should not be too wet according to my wife as most of it was sat on the seats and the mats, rather than the carpets. I think some had gone down the sides of the seats by the doors which would probably be the worst effected but she scooped this out before anything started to melt.

Fingers crossed, the car just got a good chilling.

Ill have to look properly tonight when I get home.

Carl

Get a dehumidifier in there it will be worth it. See if you can cadge one from a friendly neighbour. You need to make sure everything is dried out properly. Electric circuitry in them seats!!

I got one here in Wimborne...alas too far methinks

I didn't manage to hire or borrow a de humidifier in the end but I did several hour long trips out with the heating full blast with air con on. This acts like a de humidifier anyway and with the back windows lightly open this dried any damp patches quite quickly. All is bone dry now and she is none the worse for her wear.

I have nice removed my key fob from 2 year old sons reach.

Carl

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links