Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mazda 6 Swap For Is200

phunt

I wouldn't swap my Lex for a Mazda 6 - it's a fusion of different bits of cars. I'm sure I've seen those rear light clusters somewhere before :whistling:

I am seriously thinking about changing my IS for the new Honda Accord 2.4 Exec - sure it's only 4 cylinders and FWD, but that apart I think it beats the current IS pound for pound on spec. If Lexus announce a new IS soon then I might change my mind.

Guest mark_tsang

im not about to swap for a mazda6 though i wouldnt mind, mazda's are good cars, i recently sold my last car was a 1997 mazda 323F, i owned mazda for few years & luved it only bad thing was when a mechanic didnt know what he was doing, as result cost me over £500 engine repairs other than that is been cool. nothing will go wrong unless someone make it.

can you sell it privately you get bit more money for it.

Thanx for the replies guyz (the serious ones anyway :P )

adeyb you got any pics ?

Maz wat do you mean when you say you wish you could afford it? im looking for a swap for IS200 so if you have one you can afford it ;)

lemme know :)

i actually think the 6 looks good, apart from the tail lights........

id swap you..plus you give me £20,000,then i can build another Monster..mazda 6 with a RX-8 engine in

you really cannot compare the is200 to the mazda 6 in many ways...one being the is2 is nearly 6 years old in design whereas the 6 is brand new

phunt Posted on Aug 5 2003, 10:46 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanx for the replies guyz (the serious ones anyway  )

adeyb you got any pics ?

Maz wat do you mean when you say you wish you could afford it? im looking for a swap for IS200 so if you have one you can afford it

lemme know 

True, but i dont want to swap my IS , cause i have a lots of work done/being done to it, u will soon know why,..hehe

The Lexus IS200 Sport 4dr saloon has the following advantages over the Mazda Mazda6 2.0 TS2 4dr saloon :

Comfort

Audio player includes cassette

8 speakers

Height adjustable passenger seat

Electrically adjustable driver's seat

Electrically adjustable passenger seat

Heated driver's seat

Heated passenger seat

Remote boot/hatch/rear door release

Leather covered steering wheel

Safety

High pressure headlight cleaners

Exterior

17 in wheels

10 mm wider tyres

10% lower profile tyres

Z tyre rating tyres

Full size spare wheel

Alloy spare wheel

Boot/hatch spoiler

Front fog lights

Technical

6 cylinder engine

Variable valve timing/camshaft

7 km/h higher top speed

12 more horsepower

1.6 gal larger fuel tank

30 mm lower

600 mm smaller kerb to kerb turning circle

158 mm greater headroom in front

15 mm more shoulder room in front

The Driver is obviously cooler

Lexus has a better image than Mazda

Mat has one so, that means there good cars

Even inside they copied the IS, take a closer look at the center buttons, 3 exactly like the IS, without talking of the dashboard...

I saw it for the first time in flesh at the car show last year in Paris, so I sat in the saloon, and a guy looking serious started to ear my comments, and lately asking a few thing.

At the final he was a bit disapointing, when I told hi straightly "this is a fake copy of my car" and I started to give him points, inside, outside, rims, rear lights, etc etc.

I just forgot to tell him that my car was an IS, so he asked the lethal question:

- What are you driving monsieur ?

- A Lexus, but you could easily find the answer by yourself :)

Then he didn't say anymore regarding the copyed design, strange isn't it :)

@d'taleur

Vince

Mazda 6 has leather stearing wheel :P

and cruise control

and stereo controls on the stearing wheel

and totally flat folding rear seats

and trip computer

and digital climate control

and added to that mine is 7 months old with 4k and im willing to take an up to 4 year old out ov warrenty is200

PLUS a person that knows that much techy geeky stuff about the comparison ov 2 cars cannot imo be that cool ;)

Mazda 6 has leather stearing wheel :P

so does the IS :P

and cruise control

and stereo controls on the stearing wheel

and totally flat folding rear seats

and trip computer

and digital climate control

and added to that mine is 7 months old with 4k and im willing to take an up to 4 year old out ov warrenty is200

so why do you want to swap it then - you still haven't answered my question!

:D

PLUS a person that knows that much techy geeky stuff about the comparison ov 2 cars cannot imo be that cool ;)

Mat copied that from the vehicle comparison tool on the lexus web site

probably the best bet is for phunt to sell his Mazda first.

Welcome to the club Phunt.. we hope you manage to get an IS in the end and come and join us.. we are really friendly.. promise!

If indeed you did write the comparison tool then that kinda makes you more geeky and less cool than if you knew the imformation from memory lol JK

listen guyz to read these replies you would think my post topic was "who DOESN'T want to swap there lexus for my mazda". i just thought sum1 might be gettin ready for a change of car and as you all seem eager to point that the maz6 is such a copy ov the IS i thought sum1 might fancy a 7 mounth old car in exchange for theres.If noone wants it then thats no problem, i will like some ov you suggested just sell it private with no problem as they are very saught after (as i found out when i tried to buy a new one and was told there was a 3 month waiting list)and i will buy an IS200 (OH yes it will be mine). :)

Phunt....just a correction i didnt write the camparison tool, i just copied pasted the results..

i am not a geek

to be honest, you really would be better selling privately and buying an is2, as you can see, no one really wants to part with there motor which is testiment to how good they are.

whats the trade in figures like for your car at a Lex dealer

Sorry phunt, I run a 5 month old IS300 so I guess I don't qualify for the swap as you're after an IS200 :whistling: :winky:

Sure I've seen reviews of the Mazda 6 and it does seem like a reasonable motor - think the estate version was voted estate car of the year by WhatCar? or something.

In performance terms, only the 2.3 Sport is going to get away from a stock IS200, but the real eye opener is the Mazda 6's projected depreciation.... just 37% retained value after 3 years (compared with 49% for the IS200 Sport). That says a lot about the two cars and how they're viewed by the masses :blink:

Mazda 6 Hatchback 2.3 Sport, list price new £17,995. Value after 1 year, £10,800 (ouch!)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links