Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Customisable / Programmable Options From The Dealer

Hi,

Since owning my 2009 facelift IS 220d, I have noticed a few things which really bug the crap out of me and after looking at a manual I found online relating to dealer customisable options for my car, it seems that I can change them.

Can someone look at the things I have annoyances with and tell me whether a dealer can indeed change them for me:

1) When I open my drivers door, non of the other doors unlock and this is annoying as people think I have child locks or a sexual predator. This includes the front passenger door aswell. This as default should be on but isnt so I am assuming it has been customised and turned off.

2) Headlights stay on when the engine is off but dont stay on once you open the drivers door and get out....bit pointless if they are supposed to be "guide me home" style lights. I think default is 30s, then the options are 0, 60 and 90 seconds.

3) Windows - 2 fold annoyance really. They dont seem to operate with the fob and as standard, they should do. Also, when the engine and electrics are all off, there is no grace period to shut them again but I cant see anything to confirm whether this is changeable.

If anyone could offer some advice or their experience in getting these customisable options changed then that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Try this for starters

1. The door lock thing

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Akn8JnXPT_M&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DAkn8JnXPT_M&gl=GB

It's bit muffled but you can hear what you need.

2. As far as I am aware the headlights are not see you home. I believe they go off when the door is opened. However, i think the internal lights can be set for different time periods of illumination.

3. As far as I am aware the windows do not operate from the key fob. They can be programmed to do something to the windows but I would advise you have that changed or don't input it (at the dealership). If you want a reason... It's because people have come back to their car and found all the windows open. Trust me you really don't want that when it is raining or snowing.

There is a setting for giving you a grace period to shut windows once you have turned the ignition off. Think it is about 40 secs or so. But this terminates as soon as the door is opened. This can indeed be set by the dealership. Mine is, and jolly useful it is too.

Hope that helps.

Try this for starters

1. The door lock thing

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Akn8JnXPT_M&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DAkn8JnXPT_M&gl=GB

It's bit muffled but you can hear what you need.

2. As far as I am aware the headlights are not see you home. I believe they go off when the door is opened. However, i think the internal lights can be set for different time periods of illumination.

3. As far as I am aware the windows do not operate from the key fob. They can be programmed to do something to the windows but I would advise you have that changed or don't input it (at the dealership). If you want a reason... It's because people have come back to their car and found all the windows open. Trust me you really don't want that when it is raining or snowing.

There is a setting for giving you a grace period to shut windows once you have turned the ignition off. Think it is about 40 secs or so. But this terminates as soon as the door is opened. This can indeed be set by the dealership. Mine is, and jolly useful it is too.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the long reply.

1) the video does work but I should have stated that I was referring to me being in the car and wanting to get out after a drive. It's still does not seem to work when trying the procedure in the video. Probably helps puts my predator comment into context too!

2) looking further into it, I don't think they are get me home lights as they don't stay on when on the normal settings. Only stays on when they are set to auto

3) I think they should have the feature available but not activated. I have had this option on other cars and love it eps since I have a dog and it makes giving her air a bit easier when parked. I've never managed to accidentally open them...........yet.

2. For UK models the default and only option is 0 seconds after the doors are open. USA models can have this set to 0 30 60 or 90 seconds

Thanks. Would be good if the feature was the as I am forever fading around finding the right key at the door.

Has anybody actually sat down with a Techstream loaded computer and tried the customization options? This has always made me wonder. I think there is a lot of stuff that can be customized.

I don't think there are that many features, as the dealers seem very limited with what they can do I.e enable auto locking on pre MY 08 cars

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links