Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi All,

I have had my GS450H Just coming up to a year at the beginning of april. Now the previous owner (A very good friend of mine) had the 40,000 Mile service done before i bought it from him (Was at about 38,780 Miles) right here is the question... I dont do alot of miles i would have thought 4-5000Miles a year at max. So as i have owned it for almost a year its due a service. Now when i go to get it serviced i think it will be classed as a 50,000mile service(Been quoted £245). So if next year comes and i am still under 50,000miles do i just have the same service again?

They have told me that it may be a good idea to get one of the service plans but they work it out on 10,000miles a year and i do nowhere near that and they want about £45 a month taking into account the 60K service is £475 and the 80K Service is £571!!! But i dont think i will have done 60K in 5 years of owning the car.

Your help would be appreciated. :)

I am the same as you around the 4500 miles a year

The services are 10k miles or 1 year, so if you do less mileage in the year they still do the matching service.

So for example after 3 years I would have done less than 15k but they will still do a 30k service, after 6 years the will do the major service, change plugs etc, even though my car would have only done less than 30k ( half the amount )

I think it depends on how long you are going to keep the car and if you consider a fully stamped service book a necessity.

I cant remember what it is called but I believe Lexus do a small service, I think they still stamp the book but it’s a different stamp, ( I think its £130 ) this may be a option if your going to keep the car a few years were a fully stamped service book is not so important.

I had the small service done a few months ago, and I was told they had recently put the price up from £130 to £160, and they stamped it as normal even though they told me they would put a sticker on the back inside cover of the service book!

My mileage is rocketing at the mo, and I'm probably overdue spark plugs, but refuse to pay the ridiculous price for plugs and the HIDEOUS price of labour to fit them, as the inlet plenum/manifold needs to come off!

Thanks Guys, I think i am just going to get the small service done until the big ones are due. (50K, 60K, 80K) Services are due. I checked today and when i have owned the car for a year i would have done almost exactlly 4000Miles. The Car had done 44K So i will get the small one done now, then next year the 50K and so on. :)

I traded in my GS for the E class and the service bills on the E is far lot more than the GS. For a two year service on the E, I am paying nearly 500. I do about 3k a year

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links