Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi Tom

It depends how you drive but you will have a couple of thousand miles - a good tip is don't let the warning light come on because it burns the sensor cable which costs half as much as the pads - keep an eye on pad wear and swap them before they are all the way down.

Bren

The light came on about 10 miles ago. I drive very gently when the warning light is on. That was 2 days ago. I have not used since. I will be getting them done in about 10 days time. The garage where I get most of my servicing done will be doing it. I don't want to take the car to National tyres, kwik fit etc, because they seem a bit unsure about re-setting the warning light. Does this re set it-self once the new pads are fitted? Would it be advisable not to use until the pads have been done. I am a bit paranoid about using in case I damage the discs, As I Have done in the past. Thanks again for all the helpful comments.

Hi my personal experience with the brake warning light is that it could be simply a rear stop lamp gone !

or if it is the pads then you might well have several thousand miles of wear left.

Lexus seems to give loads of latitude here.

Malc

Hi my personal experience with the brake warning light is that it could be simply a rear stop lamp gone !

or if it is the pads then you might well have several thousand miles of wear left.

Lexus seems to give loads of latitude here.

Malc

hi

the difference is as follows:

if the brake pads are worn then the light stays on constantly as soon as you start

if its a bulb then light will come on and stay once car is started and the brake pedal is pressed

Its just the red light. Nothing else is coming on display.Sometimes there is vibration coming through steering wheel when braking, but only now and again.

Hi its not your brake pads its either a blown brake light bulb or low fluid. When your pads are low you get a warning on the display saying brake wear.

I will check brake lights tomorrow. I know the brake fluid is ok coz I checked yesterday.That was fine yesterday. If its brake light, I wander what the small amount if vibration is when braking. it never happens at any other time. The last time the brake pads were changed was about 20,000 miles ago approx, according to the history I have. Depending on how driven, whats the average lifespan of brake pads?

I will check brake lights tomorrow. I know the brake fluid is ok coz I checked yesterday.That was fine yesterday. If its brake light, I wander what the small amount if vibration is when braking. it never happens at any other time. The last time the brake pads were changed was about 20,000 miles ago approx, according to the history I have. Depending on how driven, whats the average lifespan of brake pads?

On my 430 20K miles would be awesome. Disks don't last forever so you may have some run out and they may be fixable with a skim.

Bren

I should perhaps mention that the other day my brake light came on and whilst the fluid level seemed absolutely fine my mechanic guy just topped up a smidgeon, almost imperceptible, and the light went out and has stayed out !

He thought the sensor was really overly sensitive; but it did solve the issue.

Malc

The exact same thing happened to mine a few weeks back, I never posted anything here though as someone had already said about checking your break lights. Stupid thing is I checked the handbook and there is nothing in there to say it could be a blown bulb.

Back to happy motoring Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links