Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Lexus Well It Is To Me Lol

well after all my problems with my old 2003 rx300 making strange noises it has taken me a while but the dealer I got it from has now agreed to giving me another car and yea another lexus but this time ive gone back to what I know best a is300 I had a is200 a few years back and loved it but had to sell it due to personal reasons what do people think of the is300 good and bad comments please would help and do I need to look out for any faults this one is 2005 is300 in black with cream leather autopost-46405-0-84042500-1365795241_thumb.j

Welcome to the club, Excellent choice is the is300 and the one you have looks excellent. Not much to look out for BUT make sure the cambelt has been done. If not look to replace it asap.

wow that was exactly the Is300 i was looking for 15 months ago. wanted Black, cream leather and satnav and TTE bodykit a bonus but none was on the market when i was looking until the Platinum Silver TTE kitted flirted with me on Autotrader and as a man, i gave in..15 months on and 13,000 miles later, has been bullet proof besides having to replace drivers side lamp bulb. 3 major things to have done if not already done are cambelt change, auto transmission fluid change and diff fluid change. The IS's are known to occasionaly experience frozen calipers which i havent and eat bushes and balljoints all which are not too expensive to replace and how quickly they wear depends on ones driving style and how skilfully you can dodge those UK pot holes.. thats the bad points out of the way..now to the good points, the 300 feels more planted compared to the 200 due to having a bit more weight and yet a balanced car around corners. and being a 3litre engine helps it pull in any gear at any revs with less hassle.

• Like 1

thanks for all the comments and advice I will certainly be getting the cam belt done if it hasn't had it done already, not 100% sure how long I will have it as I didn't have a lot of choice from the dealers forecourt this was the best he had in my mind, we really need a 4x4 as we have dogs (they won't be going in this lol) so another rx300 won't be far away if the wife lets me but i'm going to enjoy the is300 while we have it

wow that was exactly the Is300 i was looking for 15 months ago. wanted Black, cream leather and satnav and TTE bodykit a bonus but none was on the market when i was looking until the Platinum Silver TTE kitted flirted with me on Autotrader and as a man, i gave in..15 months on and 13,000 miles later, has been bullet proof besides having to replace drivers side lamp bulb. 3 major things to have done if not already done are cambelt change, auto transmission fluid change and diff fluid change. The IS's are known to occasionaly experience frozen calipers which i havent and eat bushes and balljoints all which are not too expensive to replace and how quickly they wear depends on ones driving style and how skilfully you can dodge those UK pot holes.. thats the bad points out of the way..now to the good points, the 300 feels more planted compared to the 200 due to having a bit more weight and yet a balanced car around corners. and being a 3litre engine helps it pull in any gear at any revs with less hassle.

How do you know it has navi? he didnt mention that.... but if it did it would also be my perfect find, if i got a IS300 it would have to have cream interior and navi, pref a LE too! :O

I've seen this car advertised, is it the one in Torquay?

Lovely looking car but at almost £5,500 it's pretty expensive especially as IS300's and Sportcross's are not making strong money, most of the ones on Autotrader have been hanging around months, some even had price reductions.

Sapphire black and cream interior was what i was hunting for and if it had the nav and TTE body kit would be a bonus but had to settle for Silver tte still nice tho.

I've seen this car advertised, is it the one in Torquay?

Lovely looking car but at almost £5,500 it's pretty expensive especially as IS300's and Sportcross's are not making strong money, most of the ones on Autotrader have been hanging around months, some even had price reductions.

yes it is the one in torquay and yes I think its strong money but ive got to say im not paying that for it im getting cash plus this for my old car. I got a rx300 off of him in feb this year and have had a problem with it so he offered me anything else he had in place of the rx300 so no not my ideal choice but what a car it is low miles and got to say condition wise its mint not a mark on it anywhere inside or out the dealer is a great bloke helped me out in numerious ways id recommend him to anybody

Ah right, a least the garage owner is looking after you, just be careful your sure you'll be happy with the car as trying to sell it on you may struggle on price.

I was looking at the car on eBay and it does look really good condition and obviously from what you say it is.......hope all goes well and you enjoy the car.

Ah right, a least the garage owner is looking after you, just be careful your sure you'll be happy with the car as trying to sell it on you may struggle on price.

I was looking at the car on ebay and it does look really good condition and obviously from what you say it is.......hope all goes well and you enjoy the car.

cheers I picked the car up today, cambelt was done a couple of months ago and full main dealer service history iv'e got to be honest here I had a is200 a few years back this new one is a completely different car and what a car it is sounds like a jet fighter when you give it some stick so so happy with it very quiet and smooth when plodding along but a right animal when you want it to be and condition wise it looks like its just come out of the showroom not a mark anywhere believe me iv'e gone over it with a fine toothcomb STUNNING CONDITION and SUPERB PERFORMANCE makes me a very happy man oh the wifes happy to lol

its 2JZ-GE nipper..you hear a turbo whistle even when its not wearing one.. watch out for those speed cameras as ECT-PWR mode does get addictive..

its 2JZ-GE nipper..you hear a turbo whistle even when its not wearing one.. watch out for those speed cameras as ECT-PWR mode does get addictive..

lol I don't know what 2jz-ge means but i'm sure the sound can get a bit addictive really does sound great, goona buy myself a radar detector I think lol

not to worry its just the engine code . apparently one of the best 6 cylinder engines Toyota has ever produced and one of the best 6 cylinder engines in the world.this and the Nissan RB26 engines are well rated among car tuners...

sorry BMW ..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links