Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie To Lexus

lapat

i have just paid my 2k deposit today on a 2001 x plate aztec fire is 200 se(pic up on friday) have i done right i have gone from a 99 merc e class advantgarde,ive been reading the posts today and i didnt take much notice off the sat nav in the car when viewing would anybody know if my sat nav is the dvd version on the 2001 model,next question do i have automatically folding mirrors or have i got to phone lexus tommorrow to find out and look a right ****head for not asking originally,and at a later stage i would like some help on the best suspension kit to buy and air induction kit/stainless exhaust,money is an option i am married,

hope your all kind to me

thanks john

Firstly - welcome to the club John.

You will have electric folding mirrors as standard and have a browse around the site for modifications. Eibach springs and HKS exhausts are popular choices..........

Enjoy...... :zee:

Welcome to the club mate. if money is an issue, GO GOLD and get up to 15% OFF at dealers and other suppliers.

I don' t have an IS but I think your exhaust is stainless.

I would advise you to do a search on Eibach springs on this forum to see the group buy specal deal.

The rest I will let the IS boys sort you out with.

Enjoy the Car.

One question, the AvantGarde is an E-class... why you gone for a smaller car?

welcome to the club

to answer some of your questions

foldy mirrors .....standard

springs............... eibach

exhaust...............hks hyper drager/super, or peco bb4 (ive got one of them )

induction kit well

not alot about fargo is selling his

tdi make one in 'carbon fibre'

another company makes one and it is sh1te

there are a few designs being made at the mo so watch this space

loz

i bought the e class last year of a pal of mine that worked for merc direct bit of a rush buy although it was a living room on wheels it wouldnt pull being an auto,wicked machine dont get me wrong but a a 2 ton lump,always liked the lexus and this one come at the right time,***** in lexus wouldnt let me give it some though on the test drive,

john

loz

i bought the e class last year of a pal of mine that worked for merc direct bit of a rush buy although it was a living room on wheels it wouldnt pull being an auto,wicked machine dont get me wrong but a a 2 ton lump,always liked the lexus and this one come at the right time,***** in lexus wouldnt let me give it some though on the test drive,

john

there are ways of making 2 ton auto lumps move he he he he .......

have you met loz :zee:

hi chris i sipley thansk for the info

wildernes im in altrincham and its coming from lexus bolton

id just liek to thank all you boys for making an ex german car driver so welcome

John,

Would you mind putting a dealer review HERE Please?

And take a look at our GOLD membership scheme HERE - plenty of savings to be had on servicing, parts, labour and modifications which I'm sure will assist you in keeping your wife happy........ :D

zee i will fill in the dealership survey as soon as car is picked up on friday as it needed servicing and a few jobs on it(new alloy as badly scuffed and boot carpet as missing)

john

zee

just been reading the posts about the manchester lexus dealership things look bleak thought merc where bad(£450 for my last service and spark plugs were not changed)

apparantley the sales staff have all been changed i have had good polite service of them in the last couple of days but only time will tell

john

Welcome to LOC :)

Well there's another member here who's not long ago gone the other way - i.e. from a Lexus to an E-Class :lol: :duh:

Don't worry about the Sat Nav being CD based rather than DVD based. The CD still covers the UK in as much detail, it just doesn't cover the rest of Europe. It has the same (some say dreamy, some say nagging wife) voice as the DVD system, and it's way cheaper to upgrade the map disk - like £150 for the CD rather than £400 for the DVD :o

Anyway - am sure you will enjoy the new car!

next question do i have automatically folding mirrors or

Hi Lapat, And welcome.

Just to clarify, the IS200 wing mirrors do close, but only whenyou press the button,, not automatically when the engine is swithced off (if thats what you were getting at...automatic)

With regards to some basic mods,, i myself initailly wnet for the HKS Super Drager exhaust and also the Cold Air Induction Kit, both of which was supplied and fitted via TDi

Since then i have upgraded to the Supercharger and so i have a complete Cold AIr Induction kit for sale.. PM me and im sure we can work out a deal for you.. as way of introduction ;)

Oh and if people havent mentioned it before Go Gold, Go Gold, Go Gold.. :hehe::whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links