Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Performance Lacking... More Than Normal!

We all know the 200 isn't particularly "hot", but I'm sure mine is lacking performance more than normal. It just feels.... slower... than usual. It's like it's holding back. Like, going uphill, in 3rd, 2000/2500 rpm, foot nearly down, it just doesn't pull has hard as it should. It slowly gets to 3k, then creeps to 4, then from 4 it pulls a bit harder. But not as much as it should. Likewise on regular flat roads, I feel like I have to kick it harder than I should to get it to pull though the rev range

I'm pretty sure the brakes aren't binding, as it free wheels as normal without slowing down faster than it should. It just feels like it's strangled somewhat.

Hmmm.....

snow mode ? :D .. seriously foot nearly down ? Ive never had course to put my foot 'nearly' down in 7 years as it is still as tight as anything and pulls like mad.. Plugs ? Ref brakes pull over and feel the alloys, if the brakes were binding they would be hot.

It does kinda feel like snow mode, but it's not (checked that). It almost feels like a diesel that lost its turbo!

I already checked the temp of the wheels, no hotter than normal or would be expected. IE, barely warm to the touch.

It doesn't feel like its missing, which is kinda what is expect if it was plugs (or coils). It's in for service next month, so hopefully that'll sort it. I might try an ECU reset but doubt that'll fix anything.

And I normally don't drive it foot down - mainly cos it doesn't seem to make a difference from half throttle! But I do like to give it a kicking now and again, but am finding more and more I need to floor it to get it winding up

You could also say it feels like I'm driving with 4 fatties weighing me down - and it ain't me; I've lost nearly 4 stone since I got it!

I wasnt going to say the obvious as this is Matt-c were talking about! Im sure its up to scratch with intervals, am i right?

Service was done about June-ish last year, just before I got it end of July. It's going in next month for a service, MoT check and have the ball joints looked at. If they get replaced it'll also be going back to WIM for a checkup/correction.

I've been wondering about fuel additive cleaners for a while since I learned the fuel filter is in the tank, and thus not serviceable. No idea what's a good one and what isn't; RedEx, Wynns, Slick 50, etc etc...

I put a can of BG44k through my son's is200 and he noticed it was more responsive and quieter and smoother.

Why not go to powerenhancer's website and have a read of what they say and testimonials supplied too?

This is the first time ive used it Stuart,but the can gives you enough to do 1 full tank of fuel plus a bit more ,so i would now probably do it every 3000 miles or so .Ill see how the car feels,and go by that.

• Like 1

You could also say it feels like I'm driving with 4 fatties weighing me down - and it ain't me; I've lost nearly 4 stone since I got it!

Whats funny is when I drive by myself the cars a breeze, but when I've got to give my mum (Sorry mum) a lift somewhere performance drops dramatically, feels like my mates 97 Clio :L

• Like 1

Matt,last week i used BG44K and ive noticed a slight increase to smoothness and better mpg,it decokes the engine.

with modern fuel and engines it is very rare for coke build-up. Injectors sometimes need a clean but it is normally the octane booster in these cleaners that makes it feel better.

I would recommend getting the car " terraclean" check it on the web to find your local place. Had mine done has made a huge difference. Performance as it was when the car was new. Also better MPG was using a full tank every week. Now 3/4. I highly recommend it.

yes, thats the system Edd Chyna demonstrated. It really does work. I was a bit sceptical before but I'm now fully convinced.

Got it done by Pro Forming cars near Newton Abbot. When I picked the car up, it was like driving the car when I first bought it. So much smoother and loads of power.

Well interestingly, today my performance came back! Took it out to the shops, drove as it has been doing so recently. Decided to get it washed in the way home, and upon driving off, It instantly felt much more responsive and much quicker. The throttle peddle itself felt much lighter and much more responsive. The car felt like it had gained probably about 40 or 50 hp! So don't know if it was a sticky throttle or something like that? Either way, it feels so much better than before and much more like it was when I first got it last year.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links