Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My First Lexus

MclarenTec

H i guys just wanted to say hello , this forum has been invaluble to me reserching before i brought my first lexus . I have to say i looked at Half a dozen sport crosses before i found my new love ,most were very dissapointing ,dealers i visited were clueless as to what they were selling ! some that i had called before setting off to view couldnt even be bothered to make sure the cars had air in the bloody tires!! needless to say i simply walked away from those . I found my 300 on the internet ,being sold by its first and only owner with a full dealer service history and only 45 thousend on the clock, the rims were shot and it has a few parking scares too . but i am delighted with the car it has exceded my expectations and after a little bit of tlc after hours at work this weekend it looks a whole lot better , hope you guys aprove .

Mark

post-47074-0-86360900-1369672745_thumb.j

post-47074-0-69545700-1369672815_thumb.j

Thanks Ian , i have to say its possibly the best car i have ever owned! and the fact i has cost less than three grand ! is amazing . i have had many cars in the past new and used but this could just be the very best :)

I guess i should contact the dealership that serviced the car from new ,but it has had ten services so far in its life ,whats the chance of it having had a cam belt? any ideas guys

Welcome Mark. Praise indeed from someone who works at McLaren. At that mileage I doubt it has. Also if there is no evidence of the cambelt having been changed (sticker on engine etc) then contact the Lexus dealer & if they can't confirm & even if its a bit early then change it if it makes you happy

Very nice! I like the tints, is that a standard thing or retro? I'm seriously looking at getting mine done but as I've been told it looks like a pimps car I'm not sure now!

Phil

thanks Jon , its not the worse place to work !! lol ,i do plan on changing the belt soon myself just for the piece of mind really , as for the tinted rear windows Phil as far as i know its a factory thing , wasnt sure about them to start with but from inside you wouldnt know and im starting to like the hearse look too :rolleyes:

Welcome to The LOC. Fine looking example you have there. I doubt the cambelt has been done yet...you have not clocked up enough miles yet!

I hope to be visiting McLaren in the next 2-3 months. Can't say too much yet...waiting for the 'go' button to be hit for a cad designed project that I have drawn and ready to go. Very excited about a possible visit, I must say :)

Very nice! I like the tints, is that a standard thing or retro? I'm seriously looking at getting mine done but as I've been told it looks like a pimps car I'm not sure now!

Phil

If you dont go too dark it will look ok

Welcome to the club and maybe a few of us can bring our Lexus cars for the annual McLaren Staff Car show, went last year and really enjoyed the day.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bit of thread revival!

Went to McLaren last week. What a truly awesome experience. Great day out, fabulously designed facility. I could happily rattle off superlatives....bottom line...I really enjoyed myself.

And the best bit.....will get to go back and see my part in its completion. I'm sure everybody does this, but I sweet talked the receptionist into letting me keep my identity tag!

Hi, I can't believe I missed this thread the first time round. 45,000 miles and less than £3000. Wow. I'm thinking I should've spent a little more time looking round, but I'm not complaining. I Love my car and I like the way it makes me feel. You guys are awesome too.

I like the practicality of the SportCross and the simple fact that the back seats fold down, because they don't in the saloons. Mine hadn't had it's cambelt done by the time I bought it at 125,000 miles, but it was definately more than luck that kept the engine from going. I got mine done straight away. I wasn't able to do it myself, so I went to Lexus.

6 months and 2 services later, I'm still loving this car. It's now got 136,000 miles on the clock and runnkng so sweetly. Theres a little rattle under acceleration , which reading some posts maybe a loose heat shield and the brakes squeak when their warmed up, but not under full depression, and not when cold. Lexus have looked at this twice now, and in the garage conditions, they can't seem to replicate the problem to identify the cause . . . Pads, discs, calipers, all fine.

I upgraded to a standard set of 17" Lexus alloys, the same that you have as mine was using standard 16" alloys. I've kept these and will use them as my winter wheels. I'm hoping to fit some eibach springs to lower the car slightly for improved aerodynamics to help MPG. Other than that, I like the look of the car. I like Lexus' subtlety.

Welcome to the club.

Hi, I can't believe I missed this thread the first time round. 45,000 miles and less than £3000. Wow. I'm thinking I should've spent a little more time looking round, but I'm not complaining. I Love my car and I like the way it makes me feel. You guys are awesome too.

I like the practicality of the SportCross and the simple fact that the back seats fold down, because they don't in the saloons. Mine hadn't had it's cambelt done by the time I bought it at 125,000 miles, but it was definately more than luck that kept the engine from going. I got mine done straight away. I wasn't able to do it myself, so I went to Lexus.

6 months and 2 services later, I'm still loving this car. It's now got 136,000 miles on the clock and runnkng so sweetly. Theres a little rattle under acceleration , which reading some posts maybe a loose heat shield and the brakes squeak when their warmed up, but not under full depression, and not when cold. Lexus have looked at this twice now, and in the garage conditions, they can't seem to replicate the problem to identify the cause . . . Pads, discs, calipers, all fine.

I upgraded to a standard set of 17" Lexus alloys, the same that you have as mine was using standard 16" alloys. I've kept these and will use them as my winter wheels. I'm hoping to fit some eibach springs to lower the car slightly for improved aerodynamics to help MPG. Other than that, I like the look of the car. I like Lexus' subtlety.

Welcome to the club.

Put some copper slip on the back of the pads (make sure you avoid touching other surfaces) That should stop the brake squeak

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links